5 replies to this topic

#1 kentNZ

kentNZ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:17 AM

Hi there,

I have bought a second hand xbox and am having trouble networking it. I have followed the tutorial both here and at x-mods.co.nz and it is not working. The computer recognises the xbox is connected but FlashFXP keeps telling me that the connection is lost.

I have a feeling the previous owner had it networked with a MAC which may be giving me grief. In my evoX settings the first four lines under network are in blue and are:

Type
IP
Line Status
Ethernet Mac address; 00:50:F2:8A:F8:F2

and then the lines below that are the ones I changed according to the tutorials (setup network etc)

Any insight or help will be much appreciated.

#2 XboxHazE

XboxHazE

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:28 PM

Sounds like the xbox's LAN port maybe bad. As long as you are sure your setting are correct the xbox should be connecting. The mac address you refer to will be there no matter if the xbox is hooked up to a LAN or not.

#3 jakejm79

jakejm79

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 12:37 AM

Have you tried using a different cable?

#4 ahero4heor

ahero4heor

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 23 October 2007 - 02:22 AM

Those four lines SHOULD be blue. Check your router's connections, mine has a server, so check to see if yours has one. That will help you identify your xbox's REAL IP address. My router assigned a different IP that what was being shown (ex. showing 192.XXX.X.XX, but really 172.XXX.X.XX ). True, it may be your ethernet port, but you can solder any ethernet port off of a switch or hub and onto the xbox if is really the problem.

#5 kentNZ

kentNZ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 02:56 AM

I should have specified that I am networking using two NICs with a network cable and a crossover adapter, as this is all campus computers had in stock. I will try using another cable.

Thanks very much for the insight, any more ideas would be greatly appreciated.

#6 kentNZ

kentNZ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:41 AM

I am still having problems, how do I check if my Xbox LAN port is bung??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users