#16 gronned

gronned

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE(damam @ Nov 26 2007, 12:45 AM) View Post

i have no doubts that atheist are swell people too. I was an atheist, after all, for most of my life smile.gif

however, i think that the world would be just as violent without religion. That was part of the point of the South Park episode. And I agree with it. Science and logic without compassion can be used to justify some really horrendous things.

The greatest killers of the last century stalin, hitler, Benito Mussolini, and other totalitarians all tended towards atheistic beliefs. Thats not a condemnation of atheism. Only a suggestion that it would not lead to the green fields, sunshine, and flowers that you are seeking.

sure we may not have jihadi bombers, but we would probably have something else in its place (eco-terrorists?). And in comparison to stalin, hitler, Benito Mussolini, etc their impact on ending human lives has been negligable.

Hitler was a devout catholic though, but you could easily replace him with Mao who killed an estimate of 60-80 million of his own people. Sure, communism has killed an enormous amount of people and it's not theistic, but communism is dead and will hopefully remain so for a long time.

USA is actually the biggest problem when it comes to religion. For some peculiar reason americans are very religious, when Europe is waking up more and more, how could that be? It's very strange as the pattern shows that wealth generally decrease religious tendencies. If USA would have been more atheist, it'd be a great signal to the rest of the world that the richest continents are the least religious.

"Christianity is the truth and islam is fake and awful" - "Islam is the truth and christianity is fake and awful" The only conclusion a sane person can draw is that both are fakes, as both can't be right.

The Quran and bible are interesting as psychological tests. Simply put, if one person claims to have seen a God of some kind, he's considered crazy, but when a million people think there's a specific god, they're not crazy. Try to look at the religions from a different perspective and you can't stop laughing over how ridiculous it all is. Some people devote their whole lives to religions that are completely fake... waste of time?

Even if my country is very atheistic, my generation is a bit stupid, and now that we've received a ridiculous amount of war refugees(thanks a lot Bush) who bring Islam over here, I'm afraid they will get some swedes fooled too. There's even been a muslim group who wanted to bring some Sharia-laws in here!
The best way to get rid of religions is to not give it any space, the school kids today don't have to visit church much and the schools don't have any religious preaching anymore, which seem to have a good effect, so we have to make sure the muslim refugees won't be given any space.

/I just rant a lot, making my text very arrhythmic =) Even if no ones reading it I like to write to get my thoughts together, I guess a lot of people do the same?

#17 chalosf

chalosf

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 November 2007 - 09:11 PM

Man you guys got completely off topic. The topic should changed to is God Real?....

No one is born "gay", you become "gay" because of your surrounding or a terrible event in your life (abuse, rape etc..). Gay people have been using this excuse just to get people to except them. 100% of the people that I have met that used to be homosexuals have all told stories of having some fucked up/abused life. Some people claim that they had a normal life and they are just born gay, but they are just lying to themselves.

Your talking about giving marriage rights to a group of people just because they labeled themselves something. If gay people were meant to be then they would have been accepted by society 1000's of years ago. Our bodies were created a way for a purpose. 2 men and 2 women can't even reproduce by themselves. Without science and adoption they would not even have there made up family. Yes there are normal couples who can't have kids either but thats because of natural defects/disease but thats something they don't choose. Homosexuality is a mental/physiological problem and with lots of therapy or divine help they can change.

I don't hate gay people, in fact both my sister and cousin and are gay but we know the story behind there problems even if they deny it. As humans they have rights but as "being gay" they should not because thats like encouraging them that what they are doing is normal. IF you want treat them like a religion, let them do what they want within there beliefs but when it comes to involving the rest of society don't mix there believes with the norm,don't change laws to accommodate there beleives, the same way they want to remove God from everything now because its not everyones believes.

Edited by chalosf, 28 November 2007 - 09:16 PM.

#18 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 November 2007 - 09:21 PM

^ grr.gif

People are born with their sexual orientation. Be is straight, gay, or bi-sexual. Some gays lie to themselves, just as some straights lie to themselves.

With such an uneducated post, I would be willing to bet, you are lying to yourself about your orientation. sleep.gif

P.S. I have a gay cousin, who has never had anything happen to him, such as the things you say. In fact, his brother (3 years younger) had him pegged as gay, since his earliest childhood memories. He is now in his early 20s.

Edited by throwingks, 28 November 2007 - 09:30 PM.

#19 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:37 PM

ive said it before and ill say it again, christians are fucking stupid and ruin everything...*

*by and large, obviously ive met some 'good' christians, but theyre strangely in the minority... rolleyes.gif

#20 chalosf

chalosf

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Nov 28 2007, 03:13 PM) View Post

ive said it before and ill say it again, christians are fucking stupid and ruin everything...*

*by and large, obviously ive met some 'good' Christians, but they're strangely in the minority... rolleyes.gif

WTF? What does this have to do with Christians....As a society most people dislike homesexuals because of there abnormal and disgusting behaviors. Not eveyone that disagrees with them is Christian, they are going against nature, its like if one day if some people decided to move around on all fours like dogs (you know crawl), it would be stupid but some idiots like the ones defending homosexuals will say they are born like that and its there "walking orientation".

If you want to say "normal people are fucking stupid and ruin everything" then I'll agree with you since whats right for us is wrong for you but done blame human stupidity on a religion.

#21 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:22 AM

wow... blink.gif

i dont think i really need to say anything more on this... wink.gif

*but i will anyway...

QUOTE(chalosf)
What does this have to do with Christians

hmmm, dunno what could a debate on gay marriage have to do with christians...? i totally forgot its that crazy group of athiests thats so strongly opposed to the thought of gays being given the right to wed... silly me...

im assuming youre a young teen given your grammar and your uneducated, and obviously parroted, beliefs... itd do you a world of good to try and develop an open mind... when you hear an idea, decide for yourself if its true, dont base your opinion on what someone else says... and yes, that includes the bible...

QUOTE(chalosf)
don't mix there believes with the norm,don't change laws to accommodate there beleives, the same way they want to remove God from everything now because its not everyones believes

do you not see how that idea contradicts itself? group x shouldnt have special laws but group y can... all groups being equal, and they fucking damn sure are, how does this make any sense?

personally i couldnt care less if gays are given the right to wed as long as they ARE given civil unions with all benefits that are given to 'normal' couples...

QUOTE(chalosf)
done blame human stupidity on a religion

i sure as hell dont but its amazing how often the two coincide... wink.gif

Edited by gcskate27, 29 November 2007 - 12:43 AM.

#22 gronned

gronned

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:31 AM

It's dangerous to make an assumption that every homosexual person have become it due to some traumatic experience in the past (if I understand you correctly). Sadly it's not even an assumption to you, you're certain.

Even if it would be true(which I'M certain it's not), why shouldn't they be allowed to exercise their homosexual acts anyway? Because you think God says so?

But what if you're wrong? What if the words from a book written more than 1800 years ago by people who had never met Jesus were actually wrong? Then it's a little sad to dislike homosexuality with no other reason than from a book with zero credibility.

Homosexuality has been acceptable several times during the known history actually, most notably in ancient Greece. Whether it was mutual all the time is arguable, yet it was apparently seen as acceptable.

#23 chalosf

chalosf

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE(gronned @ Nov 28 2007, 04:07 PM) View Post

It's dangerous to make an assumption that every homosexual person have become it due to some traumatic experience in the past (if I understand you correctly). Sadly it's not even an assumption to you, you're certain.

Even if it would be true(which I'M certain it's not), why shouldn't they be allowed to exercise their homosexual acts anyway? Because you think God says so?

But what if you're wrong? What if the words from a book written more than 1800 years ago by people who had never met Jesus were actually wrong? Then it's a little sad to dislike homosexuality with no other reason than from a book with zero credibility.

Homosexuality has been acceptable several times during the known history actually, most notably in ancient Greece. Whether it was mutual all the time is arguable, yet it was apparently seen as acceptable.

Why do you keep bringing up the bible and God into the argument. I'm talking as a normal person, not a religious person. If homosexuality was acceptable then we would not be having this argument, they would not need to be "fighting" for rights that they think they should get. The nation and world would not be divided on the topic if it was acceptable. In fact if it was acceptable and normal then there would be no need for a law or separate rights for gay people, it would already be understood that they are part of society like everyone else.

#24 gronned

gronned

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE(chalosf @ Nov 29 2007, 01:19 AM) View Post

Why do you keep bringing up the bible and God into the argument. I'm talking as a normal person, not a religious person. If homosexuality was acceptable then we would not be having this argument, they would not need to be "fighting" for rights that they think they should get. The nation and world would not be divided on the topic if it was acceptable. In fact if it was acceptable and normal then there would be no need for a law or separate rights for gay people, it would already be understood that they are part of society like everyone else.

Well you talked about divine help for them, so it seemed natural.

No, I'm quite aware homosexuality isn't very acceptable, that's why there's the need for debate so they eventually will be accepted. I don't find homosexuality "natural" either, I cringe when I think of homosexual acts, but I still utmost respect their feelings. They apparently cringe when they think about heterosexual acts too, but I doubt they'll start bullying us for our "disgusting" behaviour.

#25 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE(chalosf @ Nov 28 2007, 06:19 PM) View Post

If homosexuality was acceptable then we would not be having this argument, they would not need to be "fighting" for rights that they think they should get.

and thats the point... homosexuality has been around for at least as long as people have and almost certainly before... its an act between two CONSENTING people that harms no one, so why shouldnt it be accepted?

i think elderly people having sex is gross, as would most 'normal' people; should they not have any rights as well?

#26 chalosf

chalosf

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Nov 28 2007, 04:45 PM) View Post

i think elderly people having sex is gross, as would most 'normal' people; should they not have any rights as well?

Thats not my argument, regular couples have anal sex which I also find disgusting but it doesn't make abnormal. Why i disagree is homosexuality, its not natural (even if they do it behind close doors). If it was meant to be everyone would have a dick and pussy to accommodate and gay men would not have to fuck each other in the ass and lesbians rely on dildos to pretend what they are doing is normal. Our bodies are made the way they are for a reason, we don't flap our arms to fly or use our nose to breathe underwater, why mess with nature, thre is a purpose to the way we are made.

Edited by chalosf, 29 November 2007 - 01:45 AM.

#27 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:01 AM

Homosexuality is 100% normal. There are many animals, including humans, that exhibit the behavior. Sex is a need for all creatures, not only for reproduction but also the emotional bond.

I believe homosexuality is equal to, if not a bit better than, breeding without love. But, both are allowed by Mother Nature. Homosexuals hurt no one, where a loveless union hurts their children.

The only people that have ever spoken out about it, are people that believe in Gods, and try to guess their God(s)' way of viewing things.

I believe that anyone who makes detrimental false statements to be more mentally inept than any homosexual. The real jackasses, the ones who are wrong, are the ones who choose to blanketly discriminate against someone that is not like them. I.E. you.

I still stand by my previous statement that you are hiding something from yourself. Your posts only solidify my belief. And, I firmly believe you owe your "out" family members, including yourself, an apology, and let them live happily.

Edited by throwingks, 29 November 2007 - 03:02 AM.

#28 Tripme

Tripme

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 November 2007 - 05:16 AM

I just don't understand how there is even arguments about this. Who am I to tell anyone how they should live their life? Want to be gay.....go for it, as long as you aren't ruining something for everyone else, i could care less.

It makes no sense to me. Why are so many people devoting so much time to try and control someone else's life choices (be they consious or natural)?

This is such a dumb debate uhh.gif

#29 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE(chalosf @ Nov 28 2007, 07:14 PM) View Post

Thats not my argument, regular couples have anal sex which I also find disgusting but it doesn't make abnormal.

it serves no natural function, ie reproduction, so how is that any different to homosexual sex? your arguments are weak and contradictory...

#30 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 November 2007 - 02:06 PM

What people do behind closed doors is their business and theirs alone. Why should any one be concerned with what they are doing. Reason? It's an easy way for those who are to lazy and afraid to get off their keyboards and drop their microphones. Wanna feel powerful? Leave your house and go pick up some trash off the highway, go mentor a child or try raising a buck for charity.

---====Nature is not Perfect...===---

Chalosf, "why mess with nature"? How can gribble like that come out of your mouth? Every thing man has created is in your words "against nature." Go look in you medicine cabinet and tell me what you find. All kinds of pills to fight natures way of telling you your body is in pain, pills that fix your diarrhea because you are dehydrated and pills because your doctor said your cholesterol is to high. Try taking away your wife's pills to control her menstrual cycle, see how she likes. Go one step further - sex is obviously for fornication. You say a penis and a vagina are for making kids. Well next time you strap on a condom you are "going against nature" as you say. All that wasted sperm... Pity.... Oh, did you also notice that humans are the ONLY creatures on earth to wear clothes? Should we all be naked? Nature didn't give me enough fur anyway, maybe you are an exception. (I'm only guessing because of your Neanderthal way of reasoning.) Why make polluting vehicles? We all have legs to transport ourselves.

---===Acceptable to Society? Who is Society?===---

Then you go to say it wrong because it is not acceptable by the majority of a society. Most societies today are based on a god or gods or some specific religion, that is why it must be brought into the conversation! Unacceptable behavior is an opinion based on beliefs from which they were taught!!! Get that in your head!!! If social normality was the only choice a human could make there would have been ZERO advances in technology. On an even farther stretch, if social normality was mandatory in the first stages of life on this planet evolution may have never even happened. Fish aren't supposed to walk on land! derrrrrr.....

---===Explanation for being Gay?===---

As far as gay being a choice or not there is no right or wrong answer. It could be upbringing, it could be choice or it could be DNA damaged caused by cosmic radiation to bodily cells either in the person or a past ancestor. Either way, people are natural beings of this earth, so what action if any action could be unnatural? There aren't any microchips in homosexuals making them be gay. Nature makes mistakes, buddy.

-=ME=-

If any one wants to know I am an at home Christian. I have my own beliefs which I base of some of the bible teaching but I also choose to not agree with a lot of what they have to say. I some times find it hard to trust a book which was interpreted by man. I think so many church goers are hypocrites of what they preach to their death that I choose not to congregate with them. Not to say I'm not a hypocrite, I just feel that so many of the think they are better then people that don't go to church. How can I can I tell another man or woman what to do when the night before broke 6.5 of the 10 commandments. I like to make it what I want it to be. So, don't type cast all christians or religious people as narrow minded, ignorant idiots. Some of them are just weak like you and like to stick to something they believe in. Every one has to believe in some thing, makes them feel good.

Please anyone feel free to respond or criticize me. tongue.gif I even have my self worked out, opinions change.

I am partial to hating one group of people though... DONT ORDER YOUR PIZZA WITH FUCKING PINEAPPLE ON IT!!!!!

Edited by hamwbone, 29 November 2007 - 02:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users