• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BoDEAN

BoDEAN

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 03:33 PM

A few of my pals bought 360s a year ago, and they were easily modable with putting a software firmware on it via their pc.

Are the new/current 360s the same way? Easily modable? I see there is a new Arcade 360 out, and that doesn't look too mod-able. How about the core system?

#2 gabe681

gabe681

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 October 2007 - 07:34 PM

All Xboxes should be modable soon. Just a few days ago the Flasher for the BenQ was released, just waiting on extreme firmware now. I hear it is in the Testing phases. Of course if you get a benQ you can dump the firmware and use the Drive key in a sammy.

#3 DeMoN_DARREN

DeMoN_DARREN

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 October 2007 - 09:32 PM

Buying an xbox now, you are 99% to get Hitachi 79 or a BenQ DVD Drive

Hitachi - You will need to solder a passkey to the TSOP chip (i think its that one - plenty of tutorials on it anyway) in the DVD drive. After this you need to hook up the drive to a PC and flash it

BenQ - All you need to do is hook it up and flash. This is VERY MUCH a beta though, so i won't jump in just yet...

These are very quick overviews, the rest is easily findable

#4 BoDEAN

BoDEAN

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE(DeMoN_DARREN @ Oct 23 2007, 04:08 PM) View Post

Buying an xbox now, you are 99% to get Hitachi 79 or a BenQ DVD Drive

Hitachi - You will need to solder a passkey to the TSOP chip (i think its that one - plenty of tutorials on it anyway) in the DVD drive. After this you need to hook up the drive to a PC and flash it

BenQ - All you need to do is hook it up and flash. This is VERY MUCH a beta though, so i won't jump in just yet...

These are very quick overviews, the rest is easily findable

I thought that new package for 350 with the 2 games, you'll probably get a samsung drive. Thats what I've been hearing on here.

#5 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,808 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE(BoDEAN @ Oct 24 2007, 12:28 AM) View Post

I thought that new package for 350 with the 2 games, you'll probably get a samsung drive. Thats what I've been hearing on here.

I don't think so. I am pretty sure they dont use Samung drives anymore.

I just picked up the new premium with the 2 games (Ultimate Alliance and Forza 2) and luckily I got the BenQ drive.

I have bought 4 consoles over the past 2 weeks and every one has had the benq drive so hopefully it is true that they are fazing the Hitachi drives out and going all BenQ.

#6 BoDEAN

BoDEAN

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 01:52 AM

Why the excitement with benq drive?

#7 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,808 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:02 AM

Because they are easy to read and write the firmware. And as soon as the new ixtreme firmware comes out for it then the benq will be the new Samsung.

#8 tristan1986

tristan1986

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 03:08 AM

ph34r.gif
Quite a few of my mates here (Australia) have gotten new 360's but they have all been getting Sammy's except for 1 which was a Elite and he got himself a BenQ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users