#1 PS3Scene

PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:27 AM

Posted by XanTium | 24-10-2007 0:27 EST

From gamasutra.com:

In its Q3 2007 call to analysts, video rental service Netflix said that it would consider delivering movies to its subscribers via internet-connected HD-DVD and Blu-ray devices, which include the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Said Netflix president, CEO and Board chairman Reed Hastings as recorded by financial site Seeking Alpha, "In terms of enabling the viewing of online content on the television screen, we are exploring a variety of options, including Internet connected, high definition DVD players, internet connected game consoles, and dedicated internet set tops, with a variety of partners, trying to understand the best ways to provide inexpensive viewing of online content on the television."

Full Story: gamasutra.com

#2 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:29 PM

If they offer unlimited downloads in HD for their current price then I'd sign up no question... biggrin.gif

to me that sounds like the perfect alternative to buying into either of the HD disc formats.

#3 Thraxen

Thraxen

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:09 AM

I'm already a Netflix member, so I hope that if they do get a deal of some kind worked out that current members will have access to something without any further fees. They already have an on-demand type service where member can watch a certain number of hours of downloadable movies on their computers. The selection is very limited compared to their normal rental services, but they don't charge anything extra for it. You just get a certain number of hours based on your rental plan. I'd be fine with the same thing via the 360/PS3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users