5 replies to this topic

#1 andaval

andaval

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 09:08 PM

My replacement 360 just started RRoDing, so it looks like I'll be sending it back to get another one. Is there any chance I'll end up with a 65 nm 360? Would I be able to pay extra to get an Elite back? Has anyone had any luck with this type of thing, and if so, how did you ask the CSR for it?

Thanks in advance...

#2 shmigadiga

shmigadiga

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:22 PM

i highly doubt you can pay extra for an elite or the 65 chip. the 65 is only on select halo special edition consoles and the elite is the elite... no way your going to get ms to exchange it. the best thing you can get is maybe a regular xbox 360 but with an hdmi port.

#3 photoman

photoman

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 October 2007 - 03:30 PM

no they won't exchange it. i have tried, my cousin has tried, and my brother-in-law too. When I spoke with CSR last month the lady told me she gets A LOT of requests for that, but they just "can't" do it.

my box comes back today, supposedly fixed. Monday night I found a Pro at Best Buy finally with HDMI. So my other box will be for sale tonight.

#4 BlackWar

BlackWar

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 26 October 2007 - 11:36 PM

All correct. They have the descression to do with it what they wish (Read the warrenty and EULA info for on this) but for cost reasons they will either:

1: fix it and also swap out the dvd drive for a benq (to prevent fw modding)
2: scrap it all together and send you a referbished "core" with hdmi ports on it (newer model, "most" issues fixed, most already have benq drives in them)

#5 Pfeifer30

Pfeifer30

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 05:08 AM

It would be nice if you could just pay a little extra and exchange it for an elite.

#6 photoman

photoman

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE(BlackWar @ Oct 26 2007, 07:12 PM) View Post

All correct. They have the descression to do with it what they wish (Read the warrenty and EULA info for on this) but for cost reasons they will either:

1: fix it and also swap out the dvd drive for a benq (to prevent fw modding)
2: scrap it all together and send you a referbished "core" with hdmi ports on it (newer model, "most" issues fixed, most already have benq drives in them)

actually when I went through my coffin box, i had a letter from MS repair that told me I got a "new" (i'm thinking refurb) box with a totally new serial #. No HDMI port on my repaired/replacement box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users