• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mew49

Mew49

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 01:38 AM

I'm considering purchasing an X2VGA2 to hook my PS3 up to my monitor; however, I'm wondering if I will be able to watch Bluray movies over a Component->X2VGA2->VGA connection given the lack of HDCP compliance.

I also have the option of using a HDMI-DVI cable and hooking the console directly to my monitor, which supports HDCP over DVI. This is preferable, but my monitor has only 1 DVI connection - is there spliiter or switch that lets me connect 2 DVI outputs to 1 input? I'd hate to have to disconnect my PC display and connect my PS3 everytime I want to play it.

#2 ludacrisvp

ludacrisvp

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:13 AM

While I don't know much about the X2VGA2 device I can guarantee that you would not get the optimum quality out of that as you would want.

HDFury is a device you may want to consider, look at the Divineo website and look for the HDFury.

This is a single piece device that requires no extra power adapters, it is about the size of an HDMI - DVI converter.

It takes any HDCP stream over DVI/HDMI and converts it to RGB VGA.
That can be used on any non-HDCP compliant device.
USD @ divineo is 129.99

So its not a bad deal.

Edited by ludacrisvp, 30 October 2007 - 03:14 AM.

#3 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:47 PM

By all means do not use a transcoder, or spend that kind of money on a rediculous HDMI to vga adapter. Just get a DVI switch. That way you are not getting an inferior picture by degragding it to analog.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users