#1 illmannered_1

illmannered_1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 October 2007 - 01:45 AM

ok, i have some soldering experience, i managed to mod my 1.6 xbox and repair traces and whatnot, so i installed my wiikey in my dc2-d2b wii using 3 inch wires for easy removal. the install looked very clean and nice, so i plug it in and i get a solid yellow light when i push power the light flashes red and doesnt turn on, i check it out everything looks good, try it, same thing, so i remove the chip and try it without the chip and same thing, is my wii dead?i hope im just being stupid and its just something simple, can anybody help?

ps: after removal of the chip, everything looks good, no solder splashes or anything

#2 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:22 AM

I dont see how you couldve killed it by soldering to the dvd drive. Ive botched an install or fixed some and nothing affects the wii booting at all. Must have splashed on the main board, or you have a cable disconnected

#3 illmannered_1

illmannered_1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:37 AM

thanks LB that info actually helped, it turned out to be the ribbon cable (i had to fiddle with it while it was plugged in), reinstalled the key and its all good biggrin.gif , now i just need to try backups, the only one i have is mp3 corruption and the update scared me, im gonna do some research on what to, i know ive seen multiple threads on this subject. anyway i hope this helps somebody if the problem arises. thanks alot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users