• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sector7G

Sector7G

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 12:16 AM

Does anyone have advice on where to buy a solderless chip? It seems like there aren't very many options at this point in time. I tried to buy one off of Easybuy but after a month the chip hasn't been shipped and my customer support inquires have gone unanswered. Any advice?
Thanks

#2 Dr Dimento

Dr Dimento

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 October 2007 - 01:12 AM

Not to try and change the topic, but have you considered softmodding? It is honestly the cheapest and by far the easiest way to mod an Xbox, and as long as you aren't putting an LCD on your xbox, you can do pretty much everything someone with a modchip can do. A run to gamestop will get you everything you need....

$2 copy of ORIGINAL MechAssault 1 or Splinter Cell 1.
$4 8mb Microsoft Memory Card
$0 friend with a modded xbox to transfer hacked savegame for you

That's the EASIEST and SAFEST way, the CHEAPEST/QUICKEST way would be to hotswap your HD, which you need nothing for but a hacked savegame and about 10 minutes.

As far as solderless modchips.....what version Xbox do you have (it matters bigtime). There are solderless modchips for every model xbox....i recommend the X3, just don't set a bios password, my X3 is a paperweight because of a bug in the bios that they decided against fixing.

Also, if you go the savegame softmod route, you can also make your money back fairly quickly modding out xbox's for people, since it now takes you all of 5 minutes to mod one.

#3 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 October 2007 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE(Dr Dimento @ Oct 26 2007, 07:48 PM) View Post

As far as solderless modchips.....what version Xbox do you have (it matters bigtime). There are solderless modchips for every model xbox....i recommend the X3, just don't set a bios password, my X3 is a paperweight because of a bug in the bios that they decided against fixing.

I hope you know that all you have to do is flash a earlier version of X3 bios, then you can get in the bios menu and disable the password and reflash the new bios happy.gif

#4 Sector7G

Sector7G

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 03:17 AM

Ha, ya I should have put the version, I've got a 1.0 xbox and unfortunately none of my friends have a modded box.

#5 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 04:29 AM

If you want to do it the softmod method like Dr Dimento was saying, instead of using a regular memory stick and a friends modded xbox to transfer the files, you can just use a action replay and transfer the files to the xbox from the computer using that wink.gif

#6 Sector7G

Sector7G

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 12:56 AM

Hmm that sounds pretty tempting... Can you do softmoding w/o soldering? The guides that I've found all indicate that its required. What I'm looking to do is put in a larger HDD, xbox media center and apps for roms.

#7 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 02:03 AM

softmodding requires no soldering at all. You was probably looking at a TSOP flashing guide.

I would recommend you use this Guide to softmod your xbox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users