• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nitrojoe

nitrojoe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 01:54 AM

Has anybody done this with any luck. I have been scouring ebay for the last couple of weeks and found many consoles that go for $50-$80. I haven't repaired any xboxs but I have modded mine including installing a vga, front fan header, and lighting. Also I built robots with Cornerstone Robotics all last school year. Do you guys think I have the knowledge to do this and is there any profit in it. (I would be extremely happy with just the knowledge learned and maybe $15-$20 per box.)

Thanks again for everybodys help.

#2 gatorayde

gatorayde

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:01 AM

I tried this with a few xbox's, and to be honest, the time and effort isn't worth it. I spent hours upon hours fixing them, and had a couple still RLOD on me. Profit was marginal after shipping, paypal fee's, and xbox's I couldn't fix so to be honest, unless you are have BGA reballing equipment, it's not worth the time and effort sleep.gif

#3 nitrojoe

nitrojoe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:14 AM

To be honest I personally have all the time in the world. I am in 11th grade and crusin through all my classes. I havent studied for a test in 5 years and have straight A's. I would like to gain the expeirence so even a $10 profit would be worth it for me. What price do you think would be acceptable for a rrod xbox 360 without acessories?

Thanks again.

#4 Pfeifer30

Pfeifer30

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 October 2007 - 06:03 AM

I would pay at the most $100. But to be honest man I know you really want to do it but I just dont think its worth the money and time.

Edited by Pfeifer30, 27 October 2007 - 06:05 AM.

#5 dajuice

dajuice

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 October 2007 - 06:17 AM

It is not worth the headaches and frustrations. Some you will be able to repair while others will for no reason return with the RROD. You'll have angry customers calling you back either to get their money back or have you repair it again. At the end, you'll end up having to give the person back their money and being stuck with X360 parts. Not worth it. Save yourself the time and trouble.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users