• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 chrisnylen

chrisnylen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 12:53 AM

I picked up a copy of Guitar Hero 3 today and it won't make it through a full song without freezing. I tried removing the console from the power for about 20 minutes, and then plugging it back in. I tried changing the position of the 360 (horizontal to vertical). The only thing I did not try, was deleting the game profile and adding a new one. There was an update for the game that I applied when I first booted it up. Anyone else having issues?

#2 chameleonindabox

chameleonindabox

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:14 AM

i'm using a falcon box (holiday bundle) and it has worked fine for me. I played about 10 songs so far with no problems.

#3 chrisnylen

chrisnylen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:23 AM

I just tried it again, and now it gave me the RROD. Awesome!

#4 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 October 2007 - 03:56 AM

every damn game/update/whatever someone says this... your console was about to die anyway, gh had fuck all to do with it...

#5 chrisnylen

chrisnylen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:41 AM

Actually it's not dead. The box still boots up, but now refuses to play any game for other than 5 minutes. Stranglehold, Halo 3, and Guitar Hero 3 were all tested. Halo 3 was working FINE before this afternoon, I had even played for a good hour this morning, I guess it wasn't related at all. I'm looking into my current options, thanks for all your "help".

#6 gordita37

gordita37

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • Interests:KoRn
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:42 AM

Yup, coincidence. It was going to happen no matter what. Welcome to the horrible experience of the 3rol.

#7 chrisnylen

chrisnylen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 04:40 PM

I figured it was bound to happen. We did the towel trick last night and all seems to be working well. I will follow that up today with putting Arctic Silver on the GPU and CPU.

#8 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE(chrisnylen @ Oct 29 2007, 11:16 AM) View Post

I figured it was bound to happen. We did the towel trick last night and all seems to be working well. I will follow that up today with putting Arctic Silver on the GPU and CPU.

if you haven't opened the system yet, just do a MS exchange and forget about the thermal upgrade. the towel trick was also a bad idea.

#9 47_M450N_47

47_M450N_47

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, anything with computers and networking. Gaming. Shooting stuff, blowing up stuff.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:27 PM

Yeah send it back to MS and they will either give you another one or fix yours. I bought another one from somebody used at a good price to keep as a backup 360 for when mine breaks again. It locks up on a fairly regular basis so I think another RRoD is coming for mine too.

#10 chrisnylen

chrisnylen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:33 AM

The system is actually no longer under warranty and I have a replacement case on it. The system has been running fine today so far, with a solid 4 hours or so of GH3, so we'll see how far I can push my luck with this thing, I'll just go grab a new console when this one dies. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

#11 FucUEse

FucUEse

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:18 AM

No I don't think it's coincidence... my Elite is starting to act up... and while I was playing Co-Op online with a friend his brand new Elite kept freezing after every song... after about 7 times we finally gave up and he powered down his system... I can play every other game just fine without freezing...

#12 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE(FucUEse @ Oct 31 2007, 03:54 AM) View Post

No I don't think it's coincidence... my Elite is starting to act up... and while I was playing Co-Op online with a friend his brand new Elite kept freezing after every song... after about 7 times we finally gave up and he powered down his system... I can play every other game just fine without freezing...

unfortunately, it IS either coincidence, or if the freezing truely is limited to GH3, then its your GH3 disc. The freezing followed by a RRoD could have happened on any game. (i'm not going to go out and blame tony hawk's american wasteland for giving my system a RRoD a while back because i know better then that wink.gif same goes for GH3)

#13 moddingswede

moddingswede

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:34 PM

Yeah, it's definatley just a coincidence. I've been playing GH3 for a couple hours every day on a launch console, and nothing has happened to me.

#14 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 31 October 2007 - 10:11 PM

just throwing this in the shark tank, but my buddy just called and his 360 just got the rrod playing his first song on GTH3. hehe

mine died 2 weeks ago playing the orange box. just simple fate. =)

he didnt care much as gamestop is gona swap it out under his service plan. mine will be here tomorrow! (in time for cod4, thank god)!

#15 Birdy2k2

Birdy2k2

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Anime, Movies, RPGs
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 10 November 2007 - 01:45 AM

I just had my launch box RRoD on me a couple days ago. I was playing Portal. I'm pretty amazed that it lasted that long though. Gives me an opportunity to try out XB360reflow.com though. Luckily I had bought a Halo LE at he first sign of it.

These things die, a lot it seems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users