• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xboxalive

xboxalive

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 03:17 AM

I installed the new T3CH XBMC version, and now I cannot get access to my system at all. XMBC will not run - upon bootup, after the XBOX splash screen, the T3CH logo appears, and that's... all. I've tried the TDATA reset (hold down both sticks during boot), but no luck there. It's not on the network with a static IP or a DHCP IP (my DHCP server is not getting requests from it). I have tried the error recovery mode (white and Y held down at boot), but this doesn't seem to work. Can anyone offer any ideas to try to restore FTP access to this, so I can fix it?

TIA,
Dave

#2 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,567 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:26 AM

Sounds like you're gonna have to boot from disc and fix the problem from there. Use Qwix to create a bootable dashboard disc, or get Slayers or similar.

Lemme guess, you were using a really old version of XBMC, and tried to update while running it?

#3 xboxalive

xboxalive

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:30 AM

Good guess. So a bootable CD will boot the Xbox to a dashboard that will allow FTP, etc? And since you're right about how this got bricked, do you know if I'm looking at extensive repairs, or just config issues?

#4 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,567 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:31 AM

Yeah, that's the idea. All you need is to be able to mess with the files on the drive.

Simply put you can't delete or overwrite stuff that's in use. Those files that the X-Box was accessing when you did your "upgrade" are still on there, meaning it's now trying to boot an old version with new files.

All you need to do is repeat your upgrade process while running something other then XBMC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users