• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Azriphale

Azriphale

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 03:27 PM

i think it would be a good idea to set up a streaming script that would use your username and password to connect to the 4oD service. Recently, old shows like Father Ted, the IT Crowd, brasseye, and nearly everything in the archive have been added to the free service.

I would get into the scripting, but i dont know where to start as i cannot make a cache of the links through the 4oD interface. You cant right click or anything like that.

http://www.channel4.com/4od/index.html

#2 unbehagen

unbehagen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE(Azriphale @ Oct 29 2007, 04:03 PM) View Post

i think it would be a good idea to set up a streaming script that would use your username and password to connect to the 4oD service. Recently, old shows like Father Ted, the IT Crowd, brasseye, and nearly everything in the archive have been added to the free service.

I would get into the scripting, but i dont know where to start as i cannot make a cache of the links through the 4oD interface. You cant right click or anything like that.

http://www.channel4.com/4od/index.html

it's DRMed i guess. no chance.

#3 Azriphale

Azriphale

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 05:38 PM

yeah it sucks. I found out how to get the root of the media files, i could play the ads but not the shows themselves on the XBMC. Obviously XBMC offers no DRM support and this ideas borked unless i can figure out how to decrypt DRM on the fly. Fairly impossible.

#4 arallsopp@gmail.com

arallsopp@gmail.com

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 01:15 AM

Tragic. 4OD on XBMC would be awesome. Pity it doesn't support DRM really, as we've all got valid accounts. Curses to it all!!!! smile.gif

#5 sheepie

sheepie

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:02 PM

is there no way to fake DRM stuff?

#6 funy

funy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:02 AM

not sure if this has been tried but there is a bbc iplayer script that gets mp4 streams by pretending to be an iphone. assuming this works as they had to make drmless files so iphone could use them.

dont really know enough about how 4od works though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users