• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 computergroove

computergroove

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:40 PM

I am trying to mod my hl2 disc to integrate the maps of HL2 into Portal and modify the script that loads the maps in portal so I wont have to use a console screen (pretty hard on a 360). I also might want to modify the title screen to show only portal and maybe add some custom maps to the game.

I have extracted the contents of the Half Life 2 Orange Box disc to a directory on my hard drive. The directory structure of the disc has each individual game in a separate folder (eg EP2, HL2, Portal etc...). In the root I have found a file called Default.xex which I am sure is like the .xbe files for the regular Xbox - is there an editor for this file type? Also under almost each folder is a file labeled zip0.360.zip but Winrar doesn't read it properly. I am assuming that this is the file I need to unzip and modify and repack in order to modify significant content in the game (like the game 'load map' script). Is there a utility that will allow me to unzip these files and then repack them when I am done?

So to Recap:

1) I need a .xex editor. Is there one available?

2) I need an xbox360 zip utility. Is there one available?

Thanks in advance.

#2 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:58 PM

You can stick with the topic you already created. THIS ONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic