• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Quick99Si

Quick99Si

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 12:34 AM

I've been searching and reading a lot about mods and exploits on here but I still have a few questions. I'm looking for your input on the best way to go from point A to point B.

Right now:
Stock 10gb hard drive
Evolution-X dash (Mech Assault exploit)
Unknown BIOS, EEPROM
+
Laptop connected already via FTP to XBOX, external hard drive enclosure, DVD-R burner, no floppy drive. xboxhdm, CDR/CDRW/DVD-R media.

My goal:
80-120gb hard drive
Boot into dash (XBMC as main, ability to run Evo from it?)
Play games off the hard drive

What is the best way to bridge that gap?

I guess it means migrating to the bigger hdd first right, but how exactly? I think the best bet is to burn a CDRW with evox on it, boot the XBOX+80gb hdd, then FTP all the old crap over? Do i need to worry about HD locking? I'm not even sure if that will work.. but for now I'm looking for the Evo-x ISO...

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Quick99Si, 31 October 2007 - 12:35 AM.

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 October 2007 - 01:33 AM

You will need Xboxhdm to build the new drive. You will need to FTP the current C and E drives to the PC and yes you will have to lock the drive.

The problem lies with the laptop. I haven't heard of one person successfully using a laptop with external drive to prep the drive. The problem lies with Xboxhdm not being able to read a USB drive.

You don't need the Evox CD you are looking for.

If you don't have access to a desktop, you will need to chip the Xbox to build the new HD in the Xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users