Smarter Ai?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 October 2007 - 12:40 AM

i was going through getting the meta achievements and this dumbass drives the warthog into an exploding scarab... he manages to survive the blast and got stuck driving into rubble afterwards... and no it wouldnt let my make a clip of it... sad.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

#2 Vfreitas

Vfreitas

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 31 October 2007 - 04:38 AM

The driving has always been shaky. I remember being in a tunnel and there was some debris on the road and the marine driving stopped short of some, slowly backed up, then slowly drove into something else. That process was repeated a couple times, and the driving got slower and slower every consecutive obstacle we reached.

All I could think about when looking at the pictures was a Ford commercial for the Warthog and "Like A Rock" playing in the background. If only he wore a red plaid shirt and actually drove away from the rubble.

#3 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 31 October 2007 - 04:53 AM

.....and that is the exact reason i always drive laugh.gif

#4 trentdadi

trentdadi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:44 AM

Yeah, that is my least favorite thing probably about this game (Probablu only thing I dislike). I remember a few times where i would position a warthog behind a small hill so I would be able to hop out and safely hop on the gunner and start shooting things. Marines would constantly get in and back me up just far enough to where I couldnt see anything.

#5 rexxpro

rexxpro

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 02 November 2007 - 01:21 PM

What I found is they either drive in the wrong direction when you are attacking a wraith or they shoot/face the wrong direction.

Normally i would get a ghost and use it rather than being in the warthog.

#6 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:07 PM

i was in the hornet and took out the scarab with a plasma cannon... run back to my hornet and turn around just in time to glimpse him launching into it... laugh.gif

#7 Molten Universe

Molten Universe

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:04 AM

gcskate27: had the exact same thing today, doing meta got up to the 2 scarabs, same thing, all i can think of is the AI doesn't know the broken scarab is there, cuz they programmed the AI drivers to drive under the scarab and like so you can shoot rockets at it, so i think for all the the marine knows, the scarabs is still up and running above it and its trying to drive underneath it, i think its abit slack though, couldnt they have made it so after the game knows you've blown up the scarab the driver thinks the debree is really just a wall, would that be hard to do, or am I in the wrong ballpark.

Edited by Molten Universe, 05 November 2007 - 11:05 AM.

#8 fred333

fred333

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 05 November 2007 - 07:54 PM

That AI is a horrible driver. I try to drive as much as possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users