3 replies to this topic

#1 emuShelly

emuShelly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 12:58 AM

On my TV (51" Hitachi Rear Projection HDTV), the right side of the image from my XBOX 360 appears to be cut off a little bit. Certain games that have screen adjustment built in I simply adjust. However, I can't seem to find a global setting, so those games that have no display centering functionality, I appear to be missing a bit of the display off to to the right side. 420p/720p/1080i all have the same problem. I am not using any stretch mode on the TV. Any ideas

#2 shmigadiga

shmigadiga

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 October 2007 - 01:06 AM

adjust your xbox settings to standard instead of widescreen if your monitor does not support it

#3 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 October 2007 - 01:22 AM

Google your tv's model number and see if you can access a service screen to adjust the picture position. I would be willing to bet its not just the 360 that is off centered, but other inputs as well. If you need more detailed help, post in this forum ----> http://forums.xbox-s...p?showforum=358 I am sure Chancer will be able to help with that.

Better yet, I'll move it for you......

Edited by StrictPuppet, 31 October 2007 - 01:33 AM.

#4 XPxAxBxLxOX

XPxAxBxLxOX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 October 2007 - 03:40 AM

If you do go into service mode, be very carefull. It's very easy to get get lost in the menu and you end up getting a bad picture.

It also could be a convergence issue, but what it sounds like is aspect ratio. If you have cable, put something on like QVC or a news station that broadcasts the stock market. Does the picture look aligned there.

Edited by XPxAxBxLxOX, 31 October 2007 - 03:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users