pingrr

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:06 PM

I don't know why everyone thinks the wi-fi is useless for gaming. I have two 360's one in the bedroom and one in the living room. I also had to buy the 100$ wireless adaptor for each box. It would be nice to have that built in for those of us that have a central router feeding everything in the house and don'
t want to run cable all over the place.

When you have a couple computer and a couple 360's in the house all in different rooms wireless internet is the only way to go.

#32 shenmuemaster

shenmuemaster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, Xbox, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:55 PM

every experience ive had with wifi has been crap, so i'd rather stick with my 360's wired connection...

live fees; if you want a great service, you gotta pay for it- simple economics tongue.gif

#33 0794

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Interests:medicine, engineering, Jeeps, technology, automobiles, and just about everything...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 31 October 2007 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE(pingrr @ Oct 31 2007, 03:42 PM) View Post

When you have a couple computer and a couple 360's in the house all in different rooms wireless internet is the only way to go.

really, the only way, huh - not so, i have 3 xboxes, 1 360, and 3 PCs all networked with wires and you can't see any of the cables...all CAT-5...perfect fast connections...

you really mean that wireless is the only easy way to go...

and as BasicAir said, wireless is not great for gaming, but it'll do if ya have to go the easy way out...

#34 kimnkk

kimnkk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 01 November 2007 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE(pingrr @ Nov 1 2007, 07:42 AM) View Post

I don't know why everyone thinks the wi-fi is useless for gaming. I have two 360's one in the bedroom and one in the living room.

Not really. I have 4 Xbox 360's, 2 in my room, one in the lounge and one in the spare room and they're all connected by cable. If you don't have Ethernet ports built into your walls then its not hard to climb under the house (or in the attic) and route your house with ethernet. All my devices are connected with CAT5 except for my laptops.

#35 pingrr

pingrr

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 01 November 2007 - 03:10 PM

I don't really have problems with lag when I play online. I have a very good internet connection at the house. I really don't see myself getting a very noticable benifit by hardwireing everything.

#36 Kr0n1k

Kr0n1k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:33 AM

* The D-pad sucks

Yea, I believe that's the reason the analog stick came about.

* The continued hardware failures

No system was or is without the bad eggs. Microsoft just had them by the bundle. MS has done its best to fix these issues, but I don't believe they will be resolved until the GPU and CPU production switches over to 65nm. The box is too small and cramped for the super-hot 90nm chips.

* No Wi-fi on the Elite

Who cares? Wi-Fi is worthless. I've had a few tech guy friends on Live run hardwire after the Wi-Fi expieriment failed for them. It works great at work in the office, but when your gaming, you need a dependable, fast connection at ALL times.

* Enough with the double-A batteries

This is just dumb. Please, try again.

* Overpriced hard drives

While the comparison was idiotic (the HDD is not USB, nor is it IDE, nor is it 3.5" form factor) the point is valid. I could see $129, but damn it, a $180? Gimme a break.

* Subscription fees: lose 'em!

You lose subscription fees, you lose Live. Period. Besides, at a scant 13 cents a day, you could literally pay for it with the change from you car, couch, etc. And at $49.99 it is now LESS than a retail game.

All in all, another fine piece of journalism from the retards at Gamepro. Who publishes that rag anyways?

#37 fred333

fred333

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:19 PM

I love my Wifi. I some times forget what it was like to not have it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users