PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:01 PM

Konami Delays Metal Gear Solid 4 to Q2 2008
Posted by XanTium | 31-10-2007 14:01 EST

From gamasutra.com:

In a brief announcement, Konami has confirmed that the release of key PlayStation 3 exclusive Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots has been delayed until the second quarter of 2008.

Although the game has never had a release date any firmer than "this winter", Konami has itself described the new release date as a delay, indicating that the move is "in order to make further improvements to the quality of the game and provide even greater enjoyment for more customers worldwide."

Full Story: gamasutra.com

#2 irnchriz

irnchriz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:47 PM

Anyone surprised?

Didn't think so.

They delayed it "in order to make further improvements to the quality of the game and provide even greater enjoyment for more customers worldwide."

Hmm, do you think they will actually put proper gameplay in it this time? or does it take extra time to do the cut scenes with all of the AAA acting....... "SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE"

MGS on the playstation one was the last game they did that was any good (oh and the snake on the ship level in MGS 2 was cool too, the rest of the game was ass though).

#3 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE(irnchriz @ Oct 31 2007, 07:23 PM) View Post

Anyone surprised?

Didn't think so.

They delayed it "in order to make further improvements to the quality of the game and provide even greater enjoyment for more customers worldwide."

Hmm, do you think they will actually put proper gameplay in it this time? or does it take extra time to do the cut scenes with all of the AAA acting....... "SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE"

MGS on the playstation one was the last game they did that was any good (oh and the snake on the ship level in MGS 2 was cool too, the rest of the game was ass though).

It's a huge seller and a great game for the Playstation consoles .
I am actually glad it is delayed as Konami have just released PES2008 and quite frankly that should have been delayed as well. It has horrendous problems on the PS3 and quite a few problems on the 360 (mainly online slowdown on the 360, when I played my mates copy)
If Konami released some poorly coded version the result would be disaster for them and Sony.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users