#1 mookie_gr

mookie_gr

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:56 PM

Hello,

There is a shop that i always buy/consult about modding my console for years. The boss told me that if the xbox 360 get damaged in any way he can repair it for me through microsoft for 100 Euros. He is giving me a good price because microsoft charged 180E. My warranty seal is Broken!

Can this be done? I have read that if it is damaged+the warranty seal is broken, then the 360 is just a cauffin box.

So whats goin on?

#2 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,782 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:41 PM

If the thing has been opened there's no warranty and M$ isn't going to repair it. That guy may have a business that is in contact with another one that does actual M$ repairs and has it fixed that way, or he's just up to no good or doing something shady to say the least. For all you know he's got a heap of stickers from other consoles and is slapping them on there shafting you and others for 100E and committing the kind of fraud that he needs to be in jail for. It's possible he's just throwing the heat gun to your console as well or swapping it with others he's 'fixed' and then you're still getting the shaft on that deal. If you're looking to spend that much on a repair then look around and find a place that will reflow the thing for ya and have it done with no 'middle man' to stick it to ya. If you're considering having him work on it I'd insist on knowing exactly what the deal is and how legit it really is. If he has inside contacts that can do that kind of work for him then great, but I'd be cautious of it and if it's really going back to M$ with a broken seal replaced so it looks unopened that's still warranty fraud plain and simple.

#3 electpoopie

electpoopie

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:01 PM

lol i sent my broken 360 in with hacked hitachi drive, broken seal and i just got it back with a dam samsung that im having trouble flashing

Edited by electpoopie, 02 November 2007 - 06:07 PM.

#4 Bubbalynch

Bubbalynch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:Gaming Consoles, PC's, Electronics, Music, Movies, Sports ect.
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:30 PM

Wha?

I was under the impression that MS would not only refuse to fix a console with a broken seal and/or hacked firmware but would also not pay the shipping fee to have it sent back to you. Leaving you with the bill.

I don't know for sure tho as I have never delt with them in regards to console repairs.

I would agree, that guy is pulling the wool over your eyes and "fixing" it himself.

#5 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,782 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:46 PM

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, M$ needs to be sued over the fact as far as I'm concerned. If they're gonna do it to 1 they need to do it to them all, and they're not supposed to do it to any of them.

QUOTE(electpoopie @ Nov 2 2007, 12:37 PM) View Post

lol i sent my broken 360 in with hacked hitachi drive, broken seal and i just got it back with a dam samsung that im having trouble flashing

Good luck figuring it out on your own now, warranty fraud is not tolerated on the forums here.

Edited by RDC, 02 November 2007 - 09:49 PM.

#6 two-rok

two-rok

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE(RDC @ Nov 2 2007, 09:22 PM) View Post

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, M$ needs to be sued over the fact as far as I'm concerned. If they're gonna do it to 1 they need to do it to them all, and they're not supposed to do it to any of them.
Good luck figuring it out on your own now, warranty fraud is not tolerated on the forums here.

what fraud did this guy commited? as far as i'm concerned he just sent his 360 back for warranty repair, it had a broken seal and hacked firmware, but microsoft still repaired it and replaced the drive.

i'm sorry for my ignorance but i don't see a warranty fraud, even though i know that it's weird that microsoft repaired a modded system.

but i've heard stories like that before, not systems with hacked firmware but systems with broken seals, i've heard they are currently repairing them, which in my opinion, is a good thing because the firmware hacks aren't related with the 3rrod whatsoever.

if i said something wrong feel free to correct me, cheers

#7 kr0nikk

kr0nikk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 03:42 PM

i think with the high numbers of 360's coming in, MS doesnt have time to check all of them or any of them for that matter

their MO seems to be, get a broken one in, send a fixed one out at this point

#8 two-rok

two-rok

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE(kr0nikk @ Nov 3 2007, 03:18 PM) View Post

i think with the high numbers of 360's coming in, MS doesnt have time to check all of them or any of them for that matter

their MO seems to be, get a broken one in, send a fixed one out at this point

definitely, regain sympathy from unsatisfied customers

#9 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,782 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 07:22 PM

M$ should have the better part of their arse removed for doing repairs on some consoles and not others, that's totally unfair to anyone that opened their console before the warranty was extended and just looked in it compared to someone that bricked their console and is after a free replacement, that's what the warranty is for in the first place. As for the previous poster about the warranty issue, that was a flat out admittance of both hacking the drive and then sending it back in, true it's M$ own ignorance that they repaired it and he beat the system that time, but it's not something that's going to be condoned, perpetuated, discussed or allowed on the forums and something that others should rail against on M$ for doing.

If they're going to repair some that have obvious issues they need to repair them all, or none, no middle ground there and again, that's what the warranty is for. The difference between someone opening their 360 before the warranty was extended to look and see about a solution and some idiot that bricked their console to play hacked games are completely different issues and should be treated as such, but M$ isn't doing that as has been reported on more than one occasion. I agree that they probably do let some slide for whatever reason to keep some customers happy, but for the ones that they're not treating that way it's wrong, it's also wrong for them to repair a hacked opened console and not one that was just opened and looked at, so no matter how ya slice it they're screwing up and treating everyone wrong.

If it's opened and ya know it, and send it back in even thinking you'll get a new one you're attempting warranty fraud, that's pretty plain and simple to understand for anyone, if ya get a new one ya committed it, even if M$ didn't catch it, it's a technicality and that's where the real issue is. Every opened 360 should be sent right back to whoever sent it in, period, that's M$ problem and they need to do something about it, or start fixing every console that's sent to them regardless of the shape it's in. If ya wanna commit or attempt warranty fraud you're doing it on your own and can keep it to yourself, or better still man up and not even think about doing it unless you have a clue. If yer man enough to void the warranty you should be man enough to accept the responsibility of whatever comes of it.

#10 kr0nikk

kr0nikk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 07:34 PM

what about those that voided the warranty to fix their 360? before the announcement on the RRod fix?

i am one of those people. i was pretty pissed to say the least when i fixed my console july 4th (after trying to get MS to fix it, only to have them refuse because i was out of warranty on their refurbished xbox 360 replacement, meaning i had already sent one in just 4 months prior), only to find out a couple of days later that they announced a free repair to all RRoD consoles...

now, it might not be the right thing to do morally but MS deserves it imo by putting out a shoddy product and telling us "oh well" when it breaks

everything could have been avoided had they actually fully tested these things beofre putting them out

just my 2 cents

#11 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 03 November 2007 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE(two-rok @ Nov 3 2007, 02:30 PM) View Post

what fraud did this guy commited? as far as i'm concerned he just sent his 360 back for warranty repair, it had a broken seal and hacked firmware, but microsoft still repaired it and replaced the drive.

i'm sorry for my ignorance but i don't see a warranty fraud, even though i know that it's weird that microsoft repaired a modded system.
but i've heard stories like that before, not systems with hacked firmware but systems with broken seals, i've heard they are currently repairing them, which in my opinion, is a good thing because the firmware hacks aren't related with the 3rrod whatsoever.

if i said something wrong feel free to correct me, cheers

I'll correct you.
Nobody cares what you think. Nobody cares what you do.
The whole point is XS has a stance on this and this sort of issue is not to be discussed on here. This just encourage more people to attempt to deceive MS by sending in warranty void consoles hoping to "Get away with it"
It is not correct. It is also not discussed on here.
If a Moderator rules the guy against rules and you disagree then you do not post your disagreement, on a point of XS policy on here.

what about those that voided the warranty to fix their 360? before the announcement on the RRod fix?

Tough shit. The only people trained to deal with repairing the 360 are MS. anyone else is just playing with internet fixes. You broke the seal, the console has had unqualified attention that can cause more problems than the initial error.
You would have had more of a case if you had not broken the seal and sent the box to MS on a paid for repair. The subsequent fixing for free of a fault you had paid for fixing, would mean you could obtain a refund.
This thread is a disaster in progress and will cost people their posting and accounts.
Clear statement for those that do not get it.
Do not make any threads about obtaining warranty repairs from MS on consoles that have been tampered with. If you do you are finished on XS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users