• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#16 CPU64

CPU64

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 04:47 AM

With neck movement, if the pins are pressing hard enough, they could eventually drill into the contact plate. One easy way to fix that is to tin the contacts with solder. Not much, you could wipe the extra solder off with a rag while its hot. All you want is the "silver" covering the contacts.

In order to avoid future problems like that, I just went ahead and made my own guitar, no strum bar, no fret buttons. But 6 strings, Oh yeah!

http://media.putfile...rst-guitar-test

#17 Birdy2k2

Birdy2k2

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Anime, Movies, RPGs
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:11 AM

I haven't been able to fix the Yellow Button coming on when I down-strum Green+Red. So I'm at a loss there.

#18 mindsweepur

mindsweepur

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE(Birdy2k2 @ Nov 15 2007, 11:47 PM) View Post

I haven't been able to fix the Yellow Button coming on when I down-strum Green+Red. So I'm at a loss there.

Mine does the same thing and then when I hold blue+yellow I have to strum up as well. local store keeps putting me off since they don't have any guitars. also there are 2 other combinations, when I hold down 2 buttons they don't strum at all but all buttons by themselves work fine, I'm at work right now and I can't remember what all my faulty combinations are, our problem seems a little different than the others. I know on scorehero they have a whole lespaul problem thread but I've seen nothing to help people with our problem. If you figure anything out please post I will as well.

#19 Mistercurly

Mistercurly

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:04 PM

Hi guys i have the same proble with the green and red buttons, why dont you have a look at this link. I think someone may have cracked it, the translation is a bit hit and miss.

Guitar hero web page

I am going to give this a try tonight and see if it works

#20 Teksu

Teksu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 08:26 AM

Thank you so much. It took me so long to track down a copy of gh3, and this just saved me a huge headache.

#21 Frosty Fresh

Frosty Fresh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 09:31 PM

Has anyone having the RGY issue had any luck with a fix? I don't have a torx bit small enough, so I'm off to find a set somewhere and am going to try both this fix or the fix for scraping away solder from the contacts for the buttons? The only place I could find GH3 was the Red Octane site, so now to use the warranty I get to pay for shipping and wait a month so they can ship me another cruddy guitar that won't work. Thanks fellas.

#22 andyc240

andyc240

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 07:59 PM

cheers m8 this worked a treat on mine cause i was having troubles with the green fret and this just saved me alot of time going to the shop and trying to sort it out so a big thanks smile.gif

#23 CaptainChaos

CaptainChaos

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:51 PM

Fix takes all of 2 minutes and works great.

Thanks Heaps biggrin.gif

#24 XMarmot

XMarmot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:24 AM

love.gif

Thank you thank you thank you. Both my GH3 guitar and the RockBand guitar started acting up. Your fix worked great on the GH3 one. RB one is GOING BACK. But I don't like it that well anyway- MUSHY!!!

One thing to note is that if people have trouble getting the neck back together, check that the wiring harness isn't in the way of one of the screws going back in.

tongue.gif

THANKS AGAIN!!!!

#25 DeWeapon X

DeWeapon X

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 02:58 AM

I am currently going the step forward and removing both circuit boards that complete the connection process.

I opened up the body of the guitar, and then the neck. You'll find a circuit board similar to that found on the neck for the body.

I just cut the circuit boards off, after tracing the leads in the circuitry to match up which wire goes to which and then marked accordingly.

So then I just stripped each wire after pulling them apart from the ribbon form to make it easier, and soldered and taped them off. I ran into a successful ending, except I have lost response for the blue and yellow buttons, which I am going to work on later when I have time. But yeah, this also works if you want to just make sure it is a no-fail direct connection from button to wireless transmitter.

I think that the whole detachable neck thing is personally a bad idea. It's not like people will necessarily do it, I could see if the guitar was much bigger, then it would need that option possibly, but with a small guitar, I think it was a rushed end-development decision that needed to be thought through a lot more.

But yeah I might post pictures of the end result once I figure out why two of the eight wires aren't fully going through.

#26 sicknasty413

sicknasty413

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts
  • Interests:Modding... video games... eating... sleeping... computers... and those things we call women.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 December 2007 - 07:32 AM

Holy potatoes! Almost 18,500 views! That's crazy!

To all that have found this useful, you're very welcome. I hope you've been living your dreams as a rock star! beerchug.gif

To all that have not found this useful (have there been any? lol), I'm very sorry! Good luck finding a solution.

Sorry I haven't really kept up with this thread!

Anyway, happy holidays and happy new year everyone! beerchug.gif

#27 chocolatecheese

chocolatecheese

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:42 AM

this is greaatt! thanks for posting

#28 xerxes3rd

xerxes3rd

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:29 AM

This worked well for me, thanks! The neck is now VERY tightly coupled with the body of the guitar; I had to push pretty hard to get it to snap in. However, I don't plan on taking the neck off much (or, ever, actually), so it's not a big deal.

#29 B0N3D

B0N3D

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:59 PM

THANKS MAN .. GREAT FIX FOR THE WOBBLY NECK bs .. now I can register every note! I was ready to buy a wired POS Explorer.

#30 planet_captain

planet_captain

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:03 AM

FUCK!! I wish I would have made sure the white ribbon was out of the way of the screw holes, I just put 2 big holes in it and now the damn frets dont work at all...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users