#1 TheDiggler

TheDiggler

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 08:41 PM

Hi,

I want to hook my softmod Xbox into my RCA 5.1/DTS receiver and had some questions.

1. Do any of the AV packs have output to an Optical, not Coax connection. Although my receiver has both my DVD players hogs up my Coax digital input.
2. I only want to hookup the audio and leave the video going through the standard RCA jack. I just want to make sure that using an AV pack won't require me to also use S-Video or Component connectors for the TV in order to get 5.1 sound.
3. I assume the Optical cable is NOT included in the AV pack. Is there a maximum length? Right now the Xbox is about 4 or 5' from the receiver and just want to plan if I am going to need to move things.
4. Lastly, looking at the above which AV Pack would work the best. Advanced?

Thanks, sorry for the dumb questions. I am hoping I can just buy the right pack, some cables and be on my way rather then needing to build cables or tear up my Xbox.

#2 jakejm79

jakejm79

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:06 PM

The advanced AV pack is the one you want it has L-R analog coax outputs, composite Video coax, s-video, and digital optical out. And you are correct the optical wire is not included. I have a 4 ft optical cable and it works fine, i wouldnt worry about the length any cable you fine should be good.
IPB Image

Edited by jakejm79, 03 November 2007 - 09:08 PM.

#3 TheDiggler

TheDiggler

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE(jakejm79 @ Nov 3 2007, 09:42 PM) View Post

The advanced AV pack is the one you want it has L-R analog coax outputs, composite Video coax, s-video, and digital optical out. And you are correct the optical wire is not included. I have a 4 ft optical cable and it works fine, i wouldnt worry about the length any cable you fine should be good.
IPB Image

Thanks jakejm79! That clears up a lot. The last question is will I be able to still run video through a single simple RCA jack, like it is now? My TV does not support S-Video or Component video connections, only composite.

NVM! Looking at the pic, looks like everything will work! Thanks again!

Edited by TheDiggler, 03 November 2007 - 09:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users