• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:20 AM

1.> In top right corner, click members
2.> Click "toggle more options..."
3.> Type in the member's name in the box under where it says "Signature Contains" and press enter
4.> If that member's name is in anybody's signature, the users with that name in their signature will pop up and you can contact that member to find out how the sale went. Also you can click the member's names who come up in search to see their profile and see what is in their sig about that member before you contact them.

Please note, not all members might be in someone sig, so don't get upset because you can't find them.

Addition by Grim187:
one thing i like to do before sending paypal payment to anyone is check to see if there paypal account is verified, you can do this by adding there email address at the end of this link (replacing the "@" sign with "%40")
https://www.paypal.c...s/verified/pal=

i.e. if you wanted to check if "Someone@Something.net" was Paypal Verified the link would be
https://www.paypal.c...40Something.net

note: you have to have a paypal account and be logged in to view the page.

Edited by Grim187, 12 December 2011 - 07:01 PM.

#2 QFC

QFC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:49 PM

A noob thanks you for the info.

#3 htking

htking

X-S Enthusiast

• Validating
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:10 PM

What if the scammer change their username ?
dry.gif

#4 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE(htking @ Mar 20 2009, 05:02 PM) View Post

What if the scammer change their username ?
dry.gif

Members on this site are unable to change their name. Admins can change it but it is not offered to do so. Only thing they can do is make multiple accounts, but end up being caught.

#5 DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:46 AM

You guys should use heatware. Its the BST trade forum standard.

If within the USA:
Also Filing with the FBI fraud unit can get scammers in lock up if they have multiple offenses over time. biggrin.gif You can issue a warrant for someone's arrest for fraud within their local police office too but you must have proof. If its fabricated you can get thrown in lock up and charged too, so it must be legitimate. But sending all your info to the police via fax can help them build a case and all police offices respond to that faster for some stupid reason. Small claims court works too.

Edited by DaedalusHelios, 25 September 2009 - 05:54 AM.

#6 truthist

truthist

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:09 AM

Well it seems like I have been a victim of a scammer.

I bought a console of here 5 weeks ago and paid for it.

I still have not recieved it and I can't find the members username anywhere.

#7 KNWLDG909

KNWLDG909

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:39 PM

Thanks for looking out. Appreciate it.

#8 sm32

sm32

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:21 AM

wow i never even thought of that. thanks, that's an awesome tip!

#9 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:00 AM

the text list of more than 100 names is cool, but now i am convinced that this has to be the most impressive way to give my xbox-scene references.

#10 lilybush

lilybush

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 9 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Nov 6 2007, 05:20 AM) View Post

1.> In top right corner, click members
2.> Click "toggle more options..."
3.> Type in the member's name in the box under where it says "Signature Contains" and press enter
4.> If that member's name is in anybody's signature, the users with that name in their signature will pop up and you can contact that member to find out how the sale went. Also you can click the member's names who come up in search to see their profile and see what is in their sig about that member before you contact them.

Please note, not all members might be in someone sig, so don't get upset because you can't find them.

I believe new ones are much better that the old. Go to the site and have a look. i like to buy things on it. Geartaker.com

Edited by lilybush, 29 July 2011 - 05:34 AM.

#11 fitz0527

fitz0527

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:22 AM

User AoCMaker is a scammer. http://forums.xbox-s...showuser=461670

I bought an Xbox off of him on 2/9/2012 and he was suppose to provide a tracking number. During negotiation of a deal for his Xbox he was very quick to respond to all of my PM's since I have sent him my money I have sent 4 or 5 PM's asking for the tracking # and status of my Xbox and he has failed to respond to any of my messages despite being shown as Online viewing this forum.

Beware.

#12 fitz0527

fitz0527

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE(fitz0527 @ Feb 19 2012, 03:22 AM) View Post

User AoCMaker is a scammer. http://forums.xbox-s...showuser=461670

I bought an Xbox off of him on 2/9/2012 and he was suppose to provide a tracking number. During negotiation of a deal for his Xbox he was very quick to respond to all of my PM's since I have sent him my money I have sent 4 or 5 PM's asking for the tracking # and status of my Xbox and he has failed to respond to any of my messages despite being shown as Online viewing this forum.

Beware.

I finally got my money back after my Paypal dispute. Nice to see the admin who I forwarded all of this to hasn't taken any action to ban the user.

Hope people will be wise enough to check this thread first.

#13 thugsters

thugsters

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE(fitz0527 @ Mar 7 2012, 07:26 PM) View Post

I finally got my money back after my Paypal dispute. Nice to see the admin who I forwarded all of this to hasn't taken any action to ban the user.

Hope people will be wise enough to check this thread first.

Sorry to reply here, but if anyone who has or does read this wonders why the admins didn't take action into banning this user well it's because fitz0527 doesn't seem to read very well LOL...

"We also will not ban people because you claim they ripped you off. Do NOT send the the "evidence" as we simply do not have the time, manpower, or will to follow through on your complaints. We have no intention of mediating any more disputes.

If you are ripped off, the only thing you are allowed to do on XS is to report it in the thread of the seller/buyer/trader ONCE. Alternatively you can make a note in your signature stating your grievance with the user"

It shows this as soon as you enter the bst section...

Sorry to post this mods and you may delete it. I also see user hasn't logged on to site since March 7th, the date of his posting which makes me assume he holds x-s accountable. tongue.gif

Edited by thugsters, 06 November 2012 - 04:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users