• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jckstrthmghty

jckstrthmghty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:03 AM

Hello.. first post here. I don't even own a 360 and I'm already planning major mods.

So a few questions.

1. The exhaust fans are rated at 29 cfm but is that for one or both stock 60mm fans?
2. As stock using the 5v power source approx what speeds are the fans spinning?
3. What classification of plastic is the outer case made of? Just want to know what glue/weld to buy.
4. Any links for 3rd part air heatsinks?
5. Why is the answer to the meaning of life 42? Opps wrong forum for that one.

I'm pretty sure I'll go with a liquid cooling option but it would be nice to know all the options before I decide.

Thanks in advance.

Urb

#2 qweewqaz

qweewqaz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:xbox, world domination
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:14 AM

1. i think both, i mean why not?

2. adujsts with temps and not sure at lowest temp at 5v

3. for cuting use a dremel or a black and decker rotary tool and for glue use a hot glue gun

4. not that i know of huh.gif check the BST fourm

5. the awnser to life is halo

#3 Xbox 360 Genius

Xbox 360 Genius

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:Just out of curiosity... but do people actually read these things?
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:25 AM

The answer to life is Halo

I think what he's planning to do is add fans, and he wants to make sure he provides enough airflow, 29 CFM for one fan if the original fans use 2 x 29CFM is a bad thing...

The case is made of ABS plastic. You can use Superglue which works well, if you want a strong bond, use JB Weld.

No 3rd party heatsinks at this time, but you could always mod your own

#4 jckstrthmghty

jckstrthmghty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:18 PM

Haha. Ok ok fair enough. The funny thing is I have but 1 game for the xbox and it's halo 2. I'll probably drop quite a bit coin into a 360 for just one game. Halo 3.

My plan is to widen the case a bit then use larger 90mm fans with a higher cfm rating to increase cooling while reducing sound. I haven't worked out all the details but how card could it be? Famous last words.

I was toying around with the idea of making a heat sink to replace the gpu's stock version but I don't think I could produce anything close to the quality I am looking for. I've seen somewhere on here someone using a second 360 cpu heatsink as a replacement and that's probably the best solution at the moment. Seems like a cheap and effective solution. I could probably fit a pc version of a heat sink on like a Scythe Mini Ninja but if I'm going to go that far I might as well go full liquid cooling.

Abs.. perfect. Easy enough to work with.

Thanks for the quick responses. If/when I get to starting this project I'll post wip pictures. Now if people would just outbidding me on ebay I'll be all set. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users