• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lukeperry1

lukeperry1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 04:53 PM

Hi, I just made the switch to HD, and have set up xbmc to 720p, hooked up via component cables(ordered off of ebay), set resolution in xbox dashboard to only 720p, etc. So xbmc dash looks great, but when I play divx/xvid movies via my smb share. they all have a real greenish tint and the colors are very muted.
Is this normal or has anyone seen this before?
I will say that I did see some weird flicker in the xbmc dash at times. Not sure if this is due to some weird component cables or what. And also these are standard divx/xvid movies. they were not hd rips. I can see how the resolution is upconverted, but the color thing is annoying enough to not make it worth watching.
also I am using ntsc 16:9

#2 THDVL

THDVL

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:25 PM

Never had that happen.. Could be your cables. I had some cheap ones at first and I kept getting a fat bar rolling up the screen. I decided to fork over the cash and get the official MS cable and havnt had a problem since. I dont know which ones you have, just my experience. I too run 16:9 720. My xvids look fine.

#3 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:03 PM

same .. 720p 16:9 and everything looks awsome .. i have the monster xbox HD cables .. i watch divx and xvid movies / tv everyday .. try new cables ..

#4 leftkidney

leftkidney

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:playing games that dont suck
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:16 AM

yep try new cables

had a similar problem turned out to be the component cables one of them was bad so the colors were off

#5 lukeperry1

lukeperry1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 05:33 PM

Yep. It was the cables. replaced w/ xbox hd av-pack and everything looks great now. Thanks everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users