3 replies to this topic

#1 bugman72

bugman72

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:01 PM

I've been in the scene of modding Gen 1 Xboxes for some time and am wanting to get into a 360. I was thinking about purchasing a 3LROD 360 from someone with the warranty seal still intact and then sending it off to get "repaired". Here's the deal...a local guy that does modding (well actually the only one besides myself and I don't do 360s...yet) mentioned something about the "repaired" units coming back and not being able to modded (flash or softmodded). While I understand that this is a possibility of the unit originally came with a DVD drive that was incapable of being flashed, but what would MS change that would keep this from happening when they fix the 3LROD error? Do they put in another DVD drive that matches the replacement mobo?

I've done a lot of searching on this and have yet to come up with anything that would necessarily support his theory. Normally, he's pretty up on these things, so he has to have heard it from somewhere.

#2 Tortuga2112

Tortuga2112

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Interests:refs: <br />toraxe<br /><br /><br />scammers:<br />none
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:30 AM

that was only because most of the units that were repaired were coming back with benQ drives.
which up until recently there was no firmware for them.

#3 bugman72

bugman72

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:22 PM

So, do you think it would be a safe bet for me to buy the unit and send it off to MS and get it back with a drive capable of being flashed?

#4 adrian089

adrian089

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:35 PM

Yes, like tortuga said the only reason there was a problem was because there was no firmware for the benq drive until now so anything can be flashed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users