Photo

Original's Load Right Up, Backup's Take Like 20 Tries...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 shaggymcp

shaggymcp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:09 PM

Hello need some help with this one, I just can't seem to figure it out. I can put in any of my games, and it loads up right away, but when I put in backup's, it can take me like 20-40 try's sometimes to get the drive to recognize them. I burn all my backup's to Memorex brand DVD +R DL's and they all used to load right up, but after the last firm ware came out and I updated, since then backup's have just been a total pain the arse to get running.

Does anyone else have this problem ? Or does anyone have a idea as to what my problem might be, and how I can fix it ? I saw a post about the pot tweak, but I didn't think that would fix my prob seeing as Original games load right up, its only backup's im having the problem with.

Thx in advance for any advice or help you can give. And I have a premuim 360 with a Hitatchi Drive, with ixtreme latest firmware.

O yea sry forgot to post what happens when I put in the backup's.

Basically I put it in and the screen says "reading" and then after about 1 min it changes to "open tray" so its like the 360 is not even recognizing the backup, like its not even in the drive..... wierd, yes I know sad.gif

#2 Toddler

Toddler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:14 PM

It's not weird at all. Backups are much harder to read than originals, they require more power from the laser. Try the pot tweak, but it sounds like since it used to read and now is failing that your laser is dying, so a replacement is likely in your future.

#3 shaggymcp

shaggymcp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:18 PM

sad.gif bummer .....

is the laser replacement process a easy, or a hard one ? Cause sadly I don't have much patience when it comes to the 360, and I would rather ebay it and buy another console if its gonna be to much of a pain in the arse.

I mean it plays original games no prob first try every try, but backup's = test of will power sad.gif

#4 Toddler

Toddler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:32 PM

If you have a Samsung or BenQ or older Hitachi, I personally wouldn't mess with replacing the laser because it's more work than it's worth to me. I would just replace the entire drive and that's much simpler. You can find them on Ebay for around $30 shipped.

Edited by Toddler, 06 November 2007 - 09:33 PM.

#5 shaggymcp

shaggymcp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:33 PM

good point....

Samsung drives are the best if I am correct right ? Think i should just aim for one of those, and do the key swap process ?

BTW I have a Hitatchi drive right now.

Edited by shaggymcp, 06 November 2007 - 09:34 PM.

#6 Exobex

Exobex

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:46 PM

Try changing media, give Verbatim a try. Easier than a pot tweak, and less likely to trash your drive!

#7 m82a1

m82a1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE(Exobex @ Nov 6 2007, 05:22 PM) View Post

Try changing media, give Verbatim a try. Easier than a pot tweak, and less likely to trash your drive!

what he said smile.gif , was gona say the same exact thing
when it comes to 360 media choice is important, use verbatims

Edited by m82a1, 06 November 2007 - 11:07 PM.

#8 Toddler

Toddler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:29 PM

Yeah but if his discs used to read and now they don't, his laser is giving out. No point re-burning all his games on Verbs, it would be easier and cheaper to buy a new drive.

#9 Hercules Man

Hercules Man

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE(shaggymcp @ Nov 6 2007, 11:09 PM) View Post

good point....

Samsung drives are the best if I am correct right ? Think i should just aim for one of those, and do the key swap process ?

BTW I have a Hitatchi drive right now.

LoL, Who told you Samsungs are the best, give me a Hitachi any day, a much better made drive imo

H MAn

#10 Toddler

Toddler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:54 AM

Samsungs are impossible to brick...too many potential issues with Hitachis where newbs are concerned. Samsung is easiest to work with.

#11 justicedreadz

justicedreadz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:30 PM

Try the rubberband trick first. Backups don't have data on the edges, so they can be a pain when the laser goes all the way back. There are several tuts on it. It worked for me and I always use Verbatims.

#12 ahno

ahno

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:03 AM

Since the original post mentioned that backups stoped working after the reflashed to latest ixtreme firmware. May be those games are not booting because they are not stealth patched?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users