#1 skaterbasist

skaterbasist

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:02 PM

Hello everyone!

I haven't been on here for a while, but its time for me to solder my second Xenium chip; the only difference this time is that, the first chip I soldered was a Xenium Ice, and now this new one is the Xenium Gold.

I have been thoroughly reading two manuals to refresh my mind, but they seem to differ a bit. They are these two manuals: http://members.shaw..../xenium_mod.pdf , http://www.teamxodus...ls/iceguide.pdf

The part that most confuses me is regarding the D0 point on the 1.6.

The first manual labeled Xbox Xenium Mod Chip 1.6 Tutorial does not really address the D0 point for the 1.6. Whereas the second tutorial labeled Xenium Ice, the total noob guide, in the 1.6 section, it addresses that soldering the D0 point to the top of the motherboard on either two specified points is needed.

Also, the sodering points for the LPC differ in these two manuals. For example, the 3.3V

Can anyone help me out regarding the Xenium Gold & the D0 points on the 1.6 Xbox? Which one is the more accurate manual?

PS. Is the 2 wire connector that comes in the Xenium Gold kit to connect to the Gold, while soldering the blue line to the D0 point? This is different from the previous Ice I had which required the D0 to be soldered to the actual Ice chip.

Edited by skaterbasist, 08 November 2007 - 11:09 PM.

#2 gogniben

gogniben

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:09 PM

I think that anyone who has installed the Xenium Gold has run into this discrepancy. The solution is to just use the ICE guide since the installation procedure and D0 points are the same. Do make sure that you use the guide for installing on a 1.6.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users