Photo

Craxtion + Ximage + Recordnow = Bad Disc?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 The-Cableguy

The-Cableguy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 05:18 AM

I've had this issue once before, but just reinstalled craxtion and made another coaster before I remembered to change the setting...

If I leave craxtion set to ximage to create an iso, it appears to work fine, and when I burn the image in record now max it gets nearly all the way to the end before terminating the burn 'with errors'. Seems to happen every time. I can't recall for certain whether this affects single game discs, but I have definitely never gotten an mxm multi game disc to work when using craxtion/ximage to create the iso.

Switching to GDF image cures the problem.

What could be wrong here?

The-cableguy

#2 XBOX420

XBOX420

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 June 2003 - 08:48 AM

I have the same prob. I was burning my backup of etm (the niobe disc) that I made
with craxtion) in recordnow max (had to overburn a little) but it got to 90 something
percent & got a error.

if I use gdf image maker it'll get rid of the error?

true ?

Thanks !

#3 The-Cableguy

The-Cableguy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 02:38 PM

In my experience, Yes.

I hear good things about ximage, and am curious as to why it seems nobody else (other than xbox420) is having this problem?

The-cableguy

#4 bdigz

bdigz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 02:49 PM

I think the problem might be that your making them back into isos, in my experience there are several games that don't like to be extracted and reimaged. try burning it udf and see what happens. Thats why I'mm looking for something that'll inject files into an iso.

#5 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 June 2003 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (bdigz @ Jun 7 2003, 08:49 AM)
I think the problem might be that your making them back into isos, in my experience there are several games that don't like to be extracted and reimaged. try burning it udf and see what happens. Thats why I'mm looking for something that'll inject files into an iso.

I think the point here was that GDFImage does the same thing fine, so it's not the reimaging process causing a problem.

#6 The-Cableguy

The-Cableguy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (bdigz @ Jun 7 2003, 04:49 PM)

Hmm... I can't say I've seen this issue with a game that was ripped directly from the game disc and then created with an image... What game doesn't work when burned as an ISO?

I hear of more problems when you burn UDF, due to the slower access speeds and higher drive wear.

How exactly would this 'injection' process you're looking for differ from the standard process of creating an iso image from the files?

The-cableguy

#7 The-Cableguy

The-Cableguy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 05:54 PM

Just re-burned the image using alcohol 120%.... worked fine, except for the 4th game on the disc... that one locks up on the copyright screen.

#8 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 June 2003 - 08:08 PM

Media issue. beerchug.gif

#9 The-Cableguy

The-Cableguy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 12:32 AM

Not to argue, but how would a media issue be the cause, when the image burns using alcohol but not using recordnow?

And, has anyone else used this particular combination of software to create a multi game image?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users