• 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 November 2007 - 01:22 AM

Hi My Setup =

Compaq Laptop - Windows XP
Pioneer 112D firware 1.24 (In External Enclosure) USB Connection
Ritek Disks (Are These The Problem ???)
Xtreme Style Rips (.dvd & .iso in same folder)
Clone cd 5.3.1.0
XBox Backup Creator 2.6 build 0260
IMG Burn 2.3.2.0

Well where do i start ???

I've just bought the pioneer 112D and i seem to be having no end of trouble with it. Out of 12 disks i've had 10 coasters and only 2 (The first 2 i did actually...Hmm) working.

I've been mainly trying clone cd following all tutorials and the first red flag is that when i set it to 2.4 x it takes upto 4 hours to burn. I mean come on what is that all about ???? Also whilst burning it varies on and off from 0.01 x - 1.8x very rarely, never getting anywhere near 2.4 x

This is the same for all of the above programs. I'm sure it shouldn't be taking that long.

Anyway iam well pi***d off now as it is really annoying. I literally got the pioneer about a week ago. I also noticed that its got 1.24 firmware and the latest is only supposed to be 1.22 firmware ??? is this a problem ???

When i plug it into my laptop it recognises it as a 112D so it seems to check out.??

(I have successfully written some pc files to a Maxell DVD + RW disk using nero and it took less than 5 minutes)

Anyway guys and gals iam at my witts end with this. I just wanna be able to burn and play but it is not an enjoyable experience for me at the moment.

Thanks in advance if anyone has the answers.

Wiggy

#2 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 November 2007 - 01:25 AM

how have you extracted the game?

sfotware?

drive/fw?

#3 cwiggy78

cwiggy78

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 01:35 AM

My Mate Extracted the games for me (My Games Of Course) Using His Samsung 162C Kreon v 1.0 (xtreme method)

I'm torn between the fact that my new drive -112d is f****d or my media - ritek is crap.
What do you think ??

Hope you can help as this is driving me both mad and broke lol

wiggy

#4 BlackWar

BlackWar

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 11 November 2007 - 01:35 AM

first thing, when burning at lowest speed, expecially with an external drive, it will take a long time. 2nd thing, look around the boards, few people have had luck with clonecd/dvd, but alot have had problems. Try a different software app for burning.

You have already proven that the drive is not faulty (data backup, 2 working 360 backups), just the method that you use is faulty.

Personally, I would de-gut that external drive and make it into an internal drive. This would also yield better speeds and it would be more reliable. All that the external case has is an adapter board in it to make a standard drive into an external. Knowing this, you could use that same case to make an external HD for storage and data backup reasons, but, meh, to each their own....

#5 cwiggy78

cwiggy78

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 01:41 AM

Cheers For The Quick replies - sosotiit, BlackWar

I've Only got the said laptop at the moment so i'm kinda stuck using it through an external enclosure. Does this mean i'm never gonna attain quicker burns or what ??

I can see where you are coming from

wiggy

#6 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 November 2007 - 02:39 AM

no backups discussion if it is not made by you,

It would make things way too easy for people to use this site to get help on image of questionable origin.
closed and do not post again about backup made by others,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users