• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 lodwales

lodwales

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:02 PM

ok i flashed my ms 25 and it was fine then flashed my brothers but would not work then i noticed that it was a ms 28 if i purchase a via pci sata card is it the dsme process or more to it than the ms 25

#2 candp

candp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE(lodwales @ Nov 11 2007, 07:38 PM) View Post

ok i flashed my ms 25 and it was fine then flashed my brothers but would not work then i noticed that it was a ms 28 if i purchase a via pci sata card is it the dsme process or more to it than the ms 25

everything is the same apart from b4 you select the pci card to staret flashing you have to

unplug the power from dvd drive
select option for your ci card usually iextreme etc
count to ten
then replace power to drive

the drive will then be recognised and start to read/flash

you have to do thisa for both read and flash if it does not work reboot and try again

candp

#3 lodwales

lodwales

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE(candp @ Nov 11 2007, 08:49 PM) View Post

everything is the same apart from b4 you select the pci card to staret flashing you have to

unplug the power from dvd drive
select option for your ci card usually iextreme etc
count to ten
then replace power to drive

the drive will then be recognised and start to read/flash

you have to do thisa for both read and flash if it does not work reboot and try again

candp

so do i need tp purchase a via or can i go with my onboard sata cable that worked with my ms25

#4 sirocc0

sirocc0

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:18 PM

try out your onboard. since it worked with the ms25 the ms28 is extremely similiar so theres a good chance it will work

#5 lodwales

lodwales

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE(sirocc0 @ Nov 11 2007, 09:54 PM) View Post

try out your onboard. since it worked with the ms25 the ms28 is extremely similiar so theres a good chance it will work

did not work guys tried 3 or 4 times does this mean investing in a via sata card will this def work of will i be wasting money, also what are the best cards to buy

#6 candp

candp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE(lodwales @ Nov 11 2007, 10:51 PM) View Post

did not work guys tried 3 or 4 times does this mean investing in a via sata card will this def work of will i be wasting money, also what are the best cards to buy

yes get yourself A VIA 6421A pci card my onboard via sata does hitachis and ms25 but wont do ms28's so i got a via 6421a pci card and worked a treat

#7 xixas58

xixas58

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:40 AM

Good evening

i have a similar problem, i whant to make my xbox boot backups,but its an ms 28 and my bord is not compatible. I did some reading and i came up whith post saying that using a via pci card it was possible, but do i realy need it? My bord has a nForce 4 chipset.
Plus i have a few questions, maybe you can help me.
if i change the firmware on my dvd drive will it boot all kinds of game recordings, because unless i understud wrong the games can be recorded im diferent formats, or something like that.

Please forgive my pour inglish but its the best i can do.

I hope you can help me
Thank you for your help

Edited by xixas58, 12 November 2007 - 01:59 AM.

#8 lodwales

lodwales

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE(xixas58 @ Nov 12 2007, 03:16 AM) View Post

Good evening

i have a similar problem, i whant to make my xbox boot backups,but its an ms 28 and my bord is not compatible. I did some reading and i came up whith post saying that using a via pci card it was possible, but do i realy need it? My bord has a nForce 4 chipset.
Plus i have a few questions, maybe you can help me.
if i change the firmware on my dvd drive will it boot all kinds of game recordings, because unless i understud wrong the games can be recorded im diferent formats, or something like that.

Please forgive my pour inglish but its the best i can do.

I hope you can help me
Thank you for your help

yes mate i tried a ms28 on mine and had no joy, however was fine on a ms25 so think you will be buying yourself a pci card

#9 Fmstrat

Fmstrat

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 11:52 PM

If you're good with a soldering iron, you can use the VCC method to flash the MS28 without a VIA card. The mod basically turns the MS28 into an MS25. Go back to the top of this forum and read the pinned subject of Tutorials and Guides. In that topic under "Guides for the TS-H943 drive" the first link is to a PDF that has all the details about how to do this, and answers your above question as well. That being said, buying a VIA card off newegg is like $10 and much easier.

Hope that helps.

#10 xixas58

xixas58

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:06 AM

good evening again

Many thanks for your help, but now i have just two questions,

the first one i have asqued in my last post, but i will ask again and hope i dont break any forun rules, and it is, if i upgrade my firmware will my xbox boot all kinds of backups? I ask this because its my understanding ( and i could be mistaken) that there are several types of bakup formats?

And the secund is iff is it important if the card that i purchase is raid or non raid?
Anyway iŽll tell you something that i found out yesterday, computer partŽs are mutch cheaper werever you are from. im my home town (Porto) the cards that i can have acess to cust about 25 €, whitch is maybe 30 us dollars, right?

Please help me whith these questions and i promise iŽll try not to bother anyone again

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME
IŽLL BE WAITING

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users