Photo

Does Opening The Hard Drive Kill The Machine?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hixer

hixer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:29 PM

hey.
brand new (less than one week old) 360 elite. Took apart the hard drive to hook up via SATA adapter to PC. Put it back together and now, the DVD-ROM won't read anything: new games, DVDs, CD's. Just says "open tray. These seem unrelated, but temporally, I did one thing and the next thing happened. Does the console somehow know that I opened the hard drive?

BTW, that month-long turn around time just sucks a lot. I knew I was taking a chance with XBox, but come on...one week?

#2 Carlitosbaby

Carlitosbaby

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 11 November 2007 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE(hixer @ Nov 11 2007, 05:05 PM) View Post

hey.
brand new (less than one week old) 360 elite. Took apart the hard drive to hook up via SATA adapter to PC. Put it back together and now, the DVD-ROM won't read anything: new games, DVDs, CD's. Just says "open tray. These seem unrelated, but temporally, I did one thing and the next thing happened. Does the console somehow know that I opened the hard drive?

BTW, that month-long turn around time just sucks a lot. I knew I was taking a chance with XBox, but come on...one week?

does it play games with hd disconncted? also its not 1 month its more like 2-3 months atm have a friend that just got his back took 2 months and 11 days.

#3 hixer

hixer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE(Carlitosbaby @ Nov 12 2007, 12:04 AM) View Post

does it play games with hd disconncted? also its not 1 month its more like 2-3 months atm have a friend that just got his back took 2 months and 11 days.

No. I tried it with the hard drive removed, and it made no difference. It seems farfetched that opening the HD case would trash the console. But....

#4 scott076q

scott076q

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:41 PM

Take a look at the case modding section, opening your hard drive (if you know what you are doing) does not damage it or your xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users