Photo

Disc Unreadable Error - Media Or Drive Related?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Rizz0

Rizz0

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 12:16 AM

I'm having two backups of games I bought recently. One is Gears of War, the other is Call of Duty 4. I burned both backups on EMTEC DVD+R DL's. Possible crap, I know, but they were the only ones available at my local computerstore and should do until my verbatims are delivered.

Now my problem is the following. Gears of War had an unreadable disc error only once at insertion of the disc, but ran flawlessly after taking it out and reinserting it into my Hitachi drive, while Call of Duty 4 is permanently giving me the "Disc is unreadable" while loading a new game. The intro and main menu load perfectly though, it's always that same moment at loading a new game when the trouble starts.

I was blaming the Emtec discs, but would that be a correct conclusion taking into consideration that GoW has no problems whatsoever running on the exact same media as call of duty?

Or could it be drive related? My firmware is pretty old, wouldn't know which version, but can an old firmware version lead to unreadable disc errors with only certain games?

Many thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users