• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 xboxalive

xboxalive

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:37 AM

I was hoping someone here could throw out a helpful idea or two. My Xbox is pretty well braindead now - I was trying to get the AID installer to put a dashboard in, and it was having trouble getting to the hard drive, so I reformatted the whole drive (using AID). Apparently, this did not help a BIOS/dashboard to install, and I ended up with a system that won't even boot disks (goes to the green-lettering screen that says the unit needs service).

So I'm not sure what comes next - is it dead, or can XBOXHDM do something for it? I simply want to boot XBMC with this, with no modchip, and run the already-installed 160GB HDD. If someone can tell me what step should be next, I can do my own research...

Thanks!

-Dave

#2 theperfekt001

theperfekt001

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:09 AM

moving...

#3 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 November 2007 - 05:00 AM

Since you are soft modded use the Xboxhdm disk you created to make the 160gig drive and do it again.

#4 xboxalive

xboxalive

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 06:04 PM

It's been years since I put the 160GB in there, and I don't remember any of it. I've been looking through the xboxhdm instructions, and it seems to always want the C- and E- drive files, which I don't have. Also, I can't boot to any disks right now - system is hanging on green Service screen.

Are you saying there is a way for xboxhdm to recover my box? Could you give a clue how it would work? As I said, I can't see how xboxhdm does this.

Thanks for the reply!

-Dave

#5 TheAgedGamer

TheAgedGamer

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:29 PM

You can get the C partition files you need off Slayer's 2.6 or 2.7. If you don't have the eeprom.bin then you'll need to hotswap. See Daddy's excellent tutorial here"
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=332179

Note: The C partition files from Slayer's will put your HD back to stock. You'll need to redo your softmod after using Xboxhdm.

#6 xboxalive

xboxalive

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:02 AM

Whew... that worked. I hotswapped the drive and set up the C & E drive with the Slayer's images. I now have a xbox that is just like retail - Xbox dash, and it won't read any copied games/boot CDs. At any rate, this is better than a service code 13 brick - thanks for the help!

So I was wondering - couldn't I hotswap the drive over again, and copy an image of the C drive set up with the softmod exploit built in? I only want it to run XBMC... perhaps I could set up an image with XBMC as the dashboard. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

#7 TheAgedGamer

TheAgedGamer

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:09 AM

Glad you got it going. Check here for NDure 3.1:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=619849

or look for Krayzies Ndure Installer 1.1.

One of these should get you what you need.

#8 xboxalive

xboxalive

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:52 AM

Are you saying there is a way to get the Ndure hack working without using an action replay and an exploitable game disk? I can't see how that would work. Is there a way to copy the Ndure crack onto the Xbox (with hotswapping and xboxhdm), so that the dashboard would run? If so, could you briefly explain what to do... my Ndure package only came with the three game exploits... and I can't tell what files would go where.

Thanks for all the help!

-Dave

#9 TheAgedGamer

TheAgedGamer

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:04 PM

You'll need to get Kingroach's NDure 3.1 to do this along with xboxhdm 1.9. Check the pinned topics under the XBE exploits forums for the instructions you'll need.

#10 corp769

corp769

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:15 AM

out of all that could happen, you are mostly likely to fix your dashboard. since it is softmodded, you gotta make sure that it boots up the dashboard that it calls for, but just not that actual MS dashboard.

#11 xboxalive

xboxalive

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:59 AM

Thanks to all, I'm all set! The Ndure 3.0/tutorial worked great - had to struggle a bit at first, and had to reformat the drive before the exploit would work... but I'm all set now, and running a fresh new version of XBMC! It's funny - I remember using these tools LONG ago, when I first cracked 'er open, and now that I'm re-educated, I would bet that I'll forget this all by the time I need it again. Or maybe never ever upgrade...

Anyhow, thanks for the help AG. If you're ever in Colorado, let me buy you a beer!

-Dave

#12 TheAgedGamer

TheAgedGamer

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 10:03 PM

Good to hear you got it going. I still use XBMC daily, it's such a versatile and feature packed media player. There's just nothing else that compares.

Enjoy!!!

PS If I'm ever passing your way. I may take you up on your offer, but at my age it might have to be a "geritol".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users