#31 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 November 2007 - 04:46 AM

ya i dunno what to tell ya man , that little port forward testing app works , i've tried it on port forwards on 6 different networks ..

try plugging the modem into just the LAN ports on the router so the DSL modem is the only router , than change the forward .. oh and you should turn off DHCP on the router if you try that ..

Edited by c-2, 23 November 2007 - 04:47 AM.

#32 Icoman

Icoman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE(c-2 @ Nov 23 2007, 05:22 AM) View Post

ya i dunno what to tell ya man , that little port forward testing app works , i've tried it on port forwards on 6 different networks ..

Yeah I'm not saying that the app didn't work, I just said that the result of the app was that it failed on port 30000

QUOTE(c-2 @ Nov 23 2007, 05:22 AM) View Post
try plugging the modem into just the LAN ports on the router so the DSL modem is the only router , than change the forward .. oh and you should turn off DHCP on the router if you try that ..

I tried that, but when I do that I can't connect to the internet. Yesterday I also try to put the computer directly to to modem, and Xlink didn't work.

I have also tried to run Xlink Kai on a computer in our house that didn't have any firewalls or something like that, and Xlink didn't work either there.

#33 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:21 PM

I tried that, but when I do that I can't connect to the internet. Yesterday I also try to put the computer directly to to modem, and Xlink didn't work.

you can't connect to the internet because if you do this you have to change the IP on your computer to match the modem which above you stated is 10.0.0.2 .. so the computer / xbox would have to be in the same range , ie .. 10.0.0.3 and 10.0.0.4 or whatever ..

basically its a test to eliminate one of the 2 routers as thats where your problem lies , its not the firewall on your computer ..

Edited by c-2, 23 November 2007 - 05:22 PM.

#34 Icoman

Icoman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE(c-2 @ Nov 23 2007, 05:57 PM) View Post

you can't connect to the internet because if you do this you have to change the IP on your computer to match the modem which above you stated is 10.0.0.2 .. so the computer / xbox would have to be in the same range , ie .. 10.0.0.3 and 10.0.0.4 or whatever ..

basically its a test to eliminate one of the 2 routers as thats where your problem lies , its not the firewall on your computer ..

So what do you think the problem is my modem/router or my Belkin Router? And what can I do about it?

#35 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 05:35 PM

ya the problem is that you have 2 routers .. try what i said .. plug the modem into the LAN port on the router so the router only acts as a switch than change the PC IP to the range of the modem .. on the modem change the forward to point to the new PC IP ..

#36 Icoman

Icoman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE(c-2 @ Nov 24 2007, 06:11 PM) View Post

ya the problem is that you have 2 routers .. try what i said .. plug the modem into the LAN port on the router so the router only acts as a switch than change the PC IP to the range of the modem .. on the modem change the forward to point to the new PC IP ..

As I can see it have made alot of problems for my other computers. I triede what you said, but it still says the same thing.

#37 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 06:04 PM

if it still says the same thing with just the DSL modem as the only router than its pretty obvious where the problem is ..

the other computers would need to have their IP's changed as well ..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users