#61 Bender_Unit_1

Bender_Unit_1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 November 2007 - 03:45 PM

I'm not sure you'll bother reading each and every last post in here.

However, I would like to at least make sure I write this in your (possibly) last thread.

You've given so much to the scene, and I greatly appreciate it. All of your hard work over the years have provided me, and many others, boundless amounts of fun. I can't thank you enough.

All of your ports were always amazingly high quality, packed with features, and clearly set the bar on a console's potential as well as expected quality for homebrew.

Thank you again! Cheers! beerchug.gif

#62 Retroplay

Retroplay

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:00 PM

Is there any way to convert regular SNES sram files to a Snes9Xbox compatible format ?

#63 bassquake

bassquake

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:03 PM

Has anybody actually tried them yet?

I cant get them to work and its broken the old builds too as Ive mentioned before in this thread.

#64 tabsaid

tabsaid

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:13 PM

Thank you just doesn't seen like enough. The quality and volume of projects you've released is amazing. I haven't played a native xbox game in over a year, but I still use it almost daily running your emulators. As a huge fan of retro gaming you are a godsend. The fact that I can combine 20+ game systems in a 12.5 4 10.5 inch box and run them better (1080i) and with way more features then on the original hardware is simply spectacular. Truly....... Thank you and good luck in the future. If karma's true then you got nothin to worry about.

#65 Retroplay

Retroplay

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE(bassquake @ Nov 15 2007, 07:39 PM) View Post

Has anybody actually tried them yet?

I cant get them to work and its broken the old builds too as Ive mentioned before in this thread.

I have no idea why some ppl have this issue.
I've installed Snes9Xbox, X68000X, NeoGenesis, WinUAEX, MekaX, MednafenX-PCE/NES, ArnoldX, XboyAdvance, DOSXbox, PCSXbox and Vice64X on my box.
All of them works just fine. smile.gif
All I did was transfer the new XBE's to their respective folders. I didn't touch anything else.

Edited by Retroplay, 15 November 2007 - 07:20 PM.

#66 taonaut

taonaut

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:14 PM

whether or not this is one of your last great updates I also want to take the oppurtunity..
thank you Xport for all your excellent emu's! I do agree with what some other people said that the main reason for many here to get the Xbox were xbmc and the emu's, which of the later to a very big extent consists of your beautiful effors. Thank you =)

#67 rubarb

rubarb

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:23 PM

Big thanks XPort for all your work on Xbox.
Hopefully someone will take on the task to get a few more emulators coming, now that the frontend is there wink.gif

#68 Maturion

Maturion

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:43 PM

THANK YOU XPORT!

You've done so much work for the scene! I hope you will still release a few updates! You are da man!

#69 Tramboi

Tramboi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 03:31 AM

Just wanted to join the mob to thank you for all the amazing work!
And releasing the source is just the right thing to be done if you stop updating the projects.

You really made the XBox a memorable machine through high-quality homebrew.

#70 loderunner

loderunner

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 07:35 AM

Kudos Xport!

thank you for everything and your involvement in xbox emulation!

#71 molto

molto

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:peace
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 November 2007 - 10:47 AM

NICE work Xport biggrin.gif ....Snes9XBox is good good emulator SNES and good compatibility..just a bug in a choice of filters^^

#72 Wormboy

Wormboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE(molto @ Nov 16 2007, 11:23 AM) View Post

NICE work Xport biggrin.gif ....Snes9XBox is good good emulator SNES and good compatibility..just a bug in a choice of filters^^

Yapp. There's a black screen when selecting a software filter...

#73 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE(XPort @ Nov 13 2007, 11:45 PM) View Post

NeoGenesis could be patched to allow for >32MBit games - but this is surprisingly more
work than one might expect because of the memory constraints of the XBox. It
could be done more easily using virtual memory, but then general emulation performance
would suffer. It's doable without VM, but requires more time than I feel like giving -
especially because it's only useful for one or two games.

Would it be possible to perhaps remove 32X and SegaCD emulation to free up memory?
Also on similar note, would it be possible to get a real Sega genesis to run roms that are bigger then 32mbit?
i know Super SF2 uses a mapper that allows for an extra 8mbit but i'm more curious about where the actual problem lies in the Genesis.

perhaps a weird question, but i thought perhaps because you worked with the source code you might know more about how the Genesis actually works.

Also i hope someone will look into making perhaps a version of NeoGenesis just for the UMK3 hack. smile.gif

#74 bassquake

bassquake

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:52 AM

Update on trying to run the emus...

* Managed to get Dosxbox to run sum games after deleting the files in E:/saves/dosxbox

* If I delete the files in E:/saves/winuaex for Winuaex, I can now click the X button to configure but the game wont load after pressing B. Just a black screen. And when I reboot and return to configure, it freezes again. So I have to delete the saves again.

* Ive managed to get Snes9xbox to run a game by NOT selecting 720x576. If I pause the game and change to it, it will work. Though it doesnt quite look right. It looks slightly squished (checked aspect) and its like theres a filter slightly softening the image but Ive checked that Software Filter is off and its using Point Filtering. The other rez work fine like Standard 480i and 720x480 albeit a bit too zoomed in. (I cant use the others as Im using a CRT tv).

Seems theres a bug somewhere in the saves or and resolution setting.

Hope that helps someone. rolleyes.gif

#75 bassquake

bassquake

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 02:00 AM

Thought Id try NOT selecting the 720x576 after deleting the saves for Winuaex, Pcsxbox and Dosxbox and they work! But...

Unfortunately I need that rez to correctly show the games. Again, like Snes9xbox, I can change to 720x576 during the game, but not before running it or it'll hang to black.

So it seems its a common bug with Snes9xbox, Pcsxbox, Dosxbox and Winuaex.

Edited by bassquake, 17 November 2007 - 02:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users