117 replies to this topic

#91 jojones88

jojones88

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:16 PM

thanks xport, i use your programs more than anything else on my xbox. awesome job over the years.

#92 Opoth

Opoth

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 09:40 PM

Thank you for all of your work and tireless efforts in making quality emulation a reality on the XBox. Your emulators singlehandedly made what could have been an average system completely indispensable for classic gamers. The quality and features that you implemented into your projects helped raise the bar for all of the other great emulators on the XBox like ZsnexBox and Surreal 64. Thanks again for everything and for being so patient with everyone's ideas and requests.

Edited by Opoth, 01 December 2007 - 09:41 PM.

#93 robot3

robot3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:15 AM

what can i say that has not already been said? Thanks again XPORT

PS as you hinted, I do hope you port at least one nice (fuller) emulator for vectrex smile.gif

#94 XPort

XPort

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE(jheydude1 @ Dec 1 2007, 04:47 AM) View Post

I would also like to give a big thank you for the incredible amount of time you've taken from your personal life to give the xbox scene something that we would of other wise never of had! smile.gif I would be honored to help continue your projects! I just require a small push in the right direction. What do I need to learn in order to understand source code, improve/upgrade emulators, different program tools I would need, etc. I'm a super quick learner when it comes to this kind of thing. I just don't know where to go to or what I need in order to be able to understand everything I would need to know. Your advice on this would be the best I could of ever hoped for! smile.gif I have been wanting to learn about this subject for some time now. With the release of your source codes, what better way to sharpen and improve my skills! happy.gif Everyday the xbox scene is getting closer and closer to its end. Its up to us as a community to help maintain, and continue, these homebrew programs that we have all come to love and enjoy! Great work xport! I wish you the best!

Sorry - I don't have the time to walk someone through something like this, especially if they are starting from scratch. I can answer pointed questions, but nothing open-ended.

And oh yes - thank you everyone for the kind sentiments. It's definitely appreciated.

#95 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:55 PM

Well after much puzzlement and a partially succesful update of the recently released atarixlbox to a later version (from 1.3.0 to 1.3.2) I finally figured out what the deal is/was with the sound problems using the new pokey emulation. blink.gif

Seems that setting the number of pokey's to 2 fixes the problem. Now since that is a rather weird way to solve the problem (considering the design of the original machine itself). This issue does not seem to affect the windows/dos version of this particular emulator. This seems to be some bizzaro world issue that only plague's the xbox I'm not sure what to think.

I updated the Atarixlbox Current Discussion thread. So if anyone wants to talk more about it, just hop over there!

Anyways thanks x-port for releasing the code since you don't have time to do anything with it. Mucho appreciated! I'm one happy camper. biggrin.gif

Edited by madmab, 04 December 2007 - 10:58 PM.

#96 Retrogeeks

Retrogeeks

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:45 AM

You are awesome. Thank you for all you hard work in the past, present and future on occasion!

#97 mrblack1134

mrblack1134

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:04 PM

Xport,

All the posts you see here are probably only the tip of the iceberg. You've enabled countless hours of fun, partying, enjoyment and nostalgia in tens of thousands of living rooms everywhere in the world. I myself have setup xbox emulation boxes on 10-15 of my friends who have no idea where those emulators come from - I'm sure a lot of people in here have setup their friends too.

The xbox will probably be remembered as the most homebrewed console in history, mostly because it could run & emulate so many other systems. One thing's for sure; I'll hang on to my xbox console as long as I can, and show it to my kids when I'll have some so they know what it was like in the early days.

Your ports will live on for years.

Be very proud man.
Cheers.

Edited by mrblack1134, 17 December 2007 - 09:05 PM.

#98 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 December 2007 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE(mrblack1134 @ Dec 17 2007, 09:40 PM) View Post

and show it to my kids when I'll have some so they know what it was like in the early days.

*looks at his Commodore 64 and MSX and Pong Machines*

god i feel old now..

#99 vadimur

vadimur

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 21 December 2007 - 11:52 AM

Thanks.

I love you.

#100 Vejita

Vejita

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:18 AM

Thank you for all of the wonderful work over the years Xport!

You have single handedly made the Xbox much more fun to own and use. Your emulators and XBMC is the only reason I still use my Xbox.

Again, thank you and good luck on your personal endeavours wink.gif

#101 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:47 PM

Wouldn't it be a good idea to pin this topic at somepoint for latecomers?

#102 XPort

XPort

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE(madmab @ Mar 17 2008, 09:23 AM) View Post

Wouldn't it be a good idea to pin this topic at somepoint for latecomers?

Sure why not.

#103 Harlock_Gbase

Harlock_Gbase

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:46 PM

Xport,
i remember that this has already been mentioned, but i can't find it right now. Would it be possible to update WinUAEX so that one can map keyboard keys to specific controller buttons per game? That way games like North & South would become playable in multiplayer as well. And i guess there are even more games like that. In North & South the second player has to use the keyboard, which not many have attached to an Xbox. Nitro and similar games might also profit from this.

Thanks

#104 Retroplay

Retroplay

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:20 AM

You can do that already.
I have Elvira, Elvira 2 and Waxworks setup like this, arrow keys mapped to D-Pad etc.
Works great.

#105 Cospefogo

Cospefogo

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE(vadimur @ Dec 21 2007, 08:28 AM) View Post

Thanks.