4 replies to this topic

#1 tedmp0816

tedmp0816

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 05:39 PM

Hi,

I have been trying for a week already to get my xbox 360 to work with mtkflash. All I want to do first is extract the original firmware. I have tried doing mtkflash r /m orig.bin , mtkflash r /m /sata orig.bin , and I have done both of those using a floppy and a usb drive. None worked. I have a ICH8 Sata Chipset and a MS28 Drive. I have been trying to ues Xtreme frimware v 3.3 and I have been using Xtreme Boot Maker v 0.3.6. When I boot a disk and type the neccessary stuff I get 4 things that show up, Something like Xtreme ... Master and Slave, and VIA 64 something... Master and Slave. I have all other sata cables unplugged excetp xbox drive, and all ide cables unplugged. I don't know what else to do, the 10 second thing doesn't even work, and the enable 0800, I don't kniow what to do with that. I ma really frustrated right now and any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

#2 milamber

milamber

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:02 AM

You will only be able to flash your MS28 drive using the VCC method (requires soldering) unless you get a VIA-based SATA card. Your ICH8 chipset can be used for software-only flashing of MS25s but not MS28s. Download and read Textbook's great tutorial here: http://www.360mods.n...ails/id=61.html

#3 tedmp0816

tedmp0816

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 03:11 AM

Yeah, I am reading his guide right now. I also ordered this pci card:
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16815124022
Is this a good one? I got it from the link at this site for VIA VT 6421L PCI SATA Card. Also I don't think I said what error I get while doing this, I get the Port: ec00 Primary/Secondary: a0 and then it just hangs there. But when I get the card will it work for sure?

Also, I am curious, do you know of any guides that show the vcc method, i just want to see it done?

#4 milamber

milamber

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 November 2007 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE(tedmp0816 @ Nov 16 2007, 12:47 PM) View Post

Yeah, I am reading his guide right now. I also ordered this pci card:
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16815124022
Is this a good one? I got it from the link at this site for VIA VT 6421L PCI SATA Card. Also I don't think I said what error I get while doing this, I get the Port: ec00 Primary/Secondary: a0 and then it just hangs there. But when I get the card will it work for sure?

There is a user review on the product page that says it worked with a MS28 and a BenQ!

Also, I am curious, do you know of any guides that show the vcc method, i just want to see it done?

No, sorry. Try searching YouTube or GoogleVideo.

#5 tedmp0816

tedmp0816

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 05:33 AM

Oh, oops. I didn't notice that comment. Thanks for the help, I'll post back once I get the card and get it working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users