Photo

How Do I Recover Key From Broken 0078fk Drive?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 waddock

waddock

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:20 PM

Hi there.

I have a broken Hitachi - LG 0078FK DVD drive in my 360. At present the drive is dead, eg: it will not spin up any discs, it just makes a really bad noise each time.

I have replaced the drive motor, laser and also checked the 3 piece disc that stabilises the discs and still it will not play ball! I have even swapped the PCB controller card from the 0078FK into the 0047DJ and still had no joy.

I am tried to read the key using the C4EVA .bat file, FirmwareToolbox v3.0 and KDX.

Is there any way to get the key from this drive with out it being able to read discs? Can I obtain the key from the xbox 360 via any form of diagnostics mode?

I have a new drive to use for replacement purposes, this is a 0047DJ, so hopefully once it is replaced I will not suffer the problem of a 0078FK again muhaha.gif

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Waddock

biggrin.gif

Edited by waddock, 16 November 2007 - 12:21 PM.

#2 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:05 PM

If the v78 will not read a disc the only other way to get the key is to remove the chip and dump it with an external programmer, then extract the key from that FW. If you're in the US and need that done PM me.

#3 waddock

waddock

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE(RDC @ Nov 16 2007, 03:41 PM) View Post

If the v78 will not read a disc the only other way to get the key is to remove the chip and dump it with an external programmer, then extract the key from that FW. If you're in the US and need that done PM me.

ooooohhhhh noooooo.... thats what I thought would be the answere! that is not good news wink.gif

I live in the UK so I am afraid I cannot take you up on your offer. I will have to find someone more local.

SHOUT TO ALL: Anyone live in the UK and can complete the above work?? Please PM me. Thanks.

Thanks RDC for the advise. Looks like I will Xbox less for a few more days yet sleeping.gif

Waddock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users