• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TheGuy37

TheGuy37

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 07:16 PM

Hi all, I will admit up front that I am not a hacker/programmer... whatever... just a simple tech guy. I can take things apart and make them work again... thats just what i do.

However, I just had to buy a replacement TS-H943 for my XB. But as I was looking around for one, I kept reading about the Key for the drive. Here is what I need help with.
1. need to know if this is needed for all games to be played? or if is it just for backup discs
2. if I need the key, how do I get it from the original drive? and then how to assign it to the new drive...

I looked on these forums pretty long to find my answer with no success. It could be buried deep, or I am just not seeing the info that I need. If you can give me a few steps I can probably figure out the rest... Do I need to download firmware to install, or just transfer the key over to get it working again. Thanks everyone!

ph34r.gif Theguy

#2 Vatamin R

Vatamin R

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 November 2007 - 08:16 PM

you need the dvd key to play any 360/xbox games original and backup. You need to extract the dvd key off the original dvd drive and flash to the new one. Or you can try swapping just the logic board.(main board on bottom of dvd drive)

To get yur dvd key look here. LINKY MC LINK

With out getting the dvd key off the old and to the new you will only be able to play dvds and cdrs. NO GAMES

You need a sata port on your pc and You will only be able to use a desktop pc to flash the drive.(no laptop. Unless you have a hatachi drive.) Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users