2 replies to this topic

#1 jhan1

jhan1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 07:57 PM

I will be getting a 360 next week that will probably have a samsung drive in it. I am trying to prepare a usb stick with Iprep but get the failed to prepare destination error message.

Windows xp
MB=gigabyte p35-dq6 with the ich9r chipset
Usb= 8gig corsair flash voyager

I am trying to use the iextreme 1.3 firmware. I have updated Iprep with the def file that came with the firmware. I have also disabled the floppy device and controller in device manager even though there isnt one in my computer(I read to try this on the Iprep forums) but still get the error. It will however work if I just choose my hdd as the destination and leave the format box unticked. So I guess i could use the ntsf4dos disc method described in the textbook. Any ideas why my usb will not work?

Also, since this will be my first flash, can I just use the ix-13d.bin found in the 8x file or do i have to use the firmware tool to create my .bin file.

I'm still trying to figure this all out and read/ watch all the tutorials i can find but its still not all clear.

Thanks to everyone that contributes to the Scene.

#2 jhan1

jhan1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:18 AM

I managed to use the method mentioned in the other post about Iprep by downloading the hp usb formating tool and the windows 98 dos files. That does seem to work but my question still remains about how to use the iextreme 1.3 firmware. I would like to load the 8x version.

#3 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 November 2007 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE(jhan1 @ Nov 16 2007, 11:54 PM) View Post

I managed to use the method mentioned in the other post about Iprep by downloading the hp usb formating tool and the windows 98 dos files. That does seem to work but my question still remains about how to use the iextreme 1.3 firmware. I would like to load the 8x version.

What do you mean, how to use it?

Have you read the readme.txt file which comes with the firmware itself? I'd start from there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users