X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Interests:i like.... girls.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:33 AM

A long time back I bought a 1.5 firmware PSP. But I have long since sold it... and I knew how to hack it too.. hooray for the MSD quick switch. Now, I want a PSP again, but i highly doubt that there are 1.5 floating around. Basically, my question is: Since I've been out of the loop for so long, What version of the PSP do I need so that i can hack its "fullest" potential. I'd be greatly obliged if I wasn't flamed...

Thanks!

#2 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 November 2007 - 03:17 AM

You can get any version psp. They can ALL be downgraded to 1.5 then upgraded to a custom firmware (with the help of an already homebrew enabled psp)

#3 leijae

leijae

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:24 AM

yea, but i don't have a 2nd hacked psp... only the one that i may purchase

#4 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 06:22 AM

Do you know anybody with a psp with 1.5 or custom firmware that will let you use it?

If not you will have to buy a psp online with a firmware 2.50 or below so you can use the lumines game to downgrade

#5 poopysock5001

poopysock5001

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 03:34 PM

You don't need a modded psp if your willing to screw up a battery (the battery can be fixed but its kind of a hassle in my opinion). Check out the latest pandora's battery mod. I believe it can be found on Benheck's website. This can be used to downgrade any firmware. I think its a bit different for the slim, but I'm not really sure. I just successfully performed it on a phat psp without too much trouble.

#6 leijae

leijae

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:18 PM

i'm so out of it... i didn't even know there was a slim or fat psp, i thought they were all the same....

#7 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:26 AM

@poopysock Its not hard to get the battery back to normal. You can check out my Pandoras battery tutorial HERE

It shows how to make the pandoras battery and the memory stick and change the battery back to normal easily....It takes me about 10 minutes from start to finish

#8 poopysock5001

poopysock5001

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 02:00 PM

Since I don't have access to a modded psp and my firmware was already upgraded to 3.71, I had to use a different method. I had to take apart the battery and short the ground on a chip inside of it. It may sound daunting to someone that isn't experienced with electronics, but its not really that hard. You just pop the pin with a needle or something similar. The only way to restore it to normal is to resolder it (preferably with a switch so you can switch between a normal battery and a pandora battery). This is risky, as you chance overheating the battery and causing it to explode if you want it to be a normal battery again. Only for those experienced at soldering. I just bought a new one since I wanted an extended life battery anyways. After that you just use one of several simple programs to format your memory stick (must be at least 1GB) on your computer. Its all pretty much automated. If you want some links leijae, let me know. I'll have to track down the tutorials I used again.

#9 leijae

leijae

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:11 PM

yea, i would like those links. my g/f is buying me a psp for my b-day in decemeber and i was just curious should i have her get me a new one or a used... my reasoning for used was becuase it would most likely have an older firmware....

#10 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE(poopysock5001 @ Nov 20 2007, 01:36 PM) View Post

After that you just use one of several simple programs to format your memory stick (must be at least 1GB) on your computer.

256mb sticks work just fine. I downgraded a PSP using the Pandora's method for someone the other day who only had a 256mb card.

#11 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 03:47 AM

QUOTE(sabbath_dude @ Nov 21 2007, 04:13 PM) View Post

256mb sticks work just fine. I downgraded a PSP using the Pandora's method for someone the other day who only had a 256mb card.

Yeah, I use a 256 for pandoras also

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users