PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 03:38 AM

Firmware v2.01 Coming Soon
Posted by XanTium | 16-11-2007 21:38 EST

From blog.us.playstation.com:

Hey everyone. We know you like to hear about updates a few days in advance, so here's a quick heads up that we have a new System Software update in the works.

Firmware v2.01 is a minor update that will improve the stability of PLAYSTATION 3.

We'll provide more specifics as the update is about to go live, but we thought we'd give loyal blog readers advance notice!

#2 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 November 2007 - 01:13 PM

In other words it is fix the cock ups in V2.00

#3 LiketHc

LiketHc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:21 PM

May this update enable my PS3 (60GB) to read discs again!??

BR Tom.

#4 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Members
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 06:26 PM

The only problem introduced on mine is not so drastic. It loses the settings for HDMI every so often. So at switch on the message comes on the screen HDMI detected, do you wish to use HDMI. Happened today again after playing a BR film.
It's simple really, if they fail to sort the issue with a tweak on the update. the console goes back as faulty to the store where I bought it.

#5 LiketHc

LiketHc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE(Chancer @ Nov 18 2007, 07:02 PM) View Post

...It's simple really, if they fail to sort the issue with a tweak on the update. the console goes back as faulty to the store where I bought it.

Same to mine, waiting for 2.01 - if that doesn't bring the drive back to work I will send her in.

#6 Retell

Retell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 November 2007 - 01:14 PM

I wonder why my PS3 update went smoothly?

I am using a stock, release date 60gb with HDMI and optical.

#7 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Members
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(Retell @ Nov 19 2007, 12:50 PM) View Post

I wonder why my PS3 update went smoothly?

I am using a stock, release date 60gb with HDMI and optical.

I thought mine had. It is just this minor issue that has cropped up since. It may not be to do with the update, could be just coincidence,so if the next update doesn't sort it I will get it taken back.

#8 LiketHc

LiketHc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE(LiketHc @ Nov 18 2007, 10:56 PM) View Post

Same to mine, waiting for 2.01 - if that doesn't bring the drive back to work I will send her in.

Sent her out today... sad.gif

Edited by LiketHc, 20 November 2007 - 03:23 PM.

#9 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Members
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 05:38 PM

Just downloading the firmware now. So it is wait and see at the moment. Turn around should be quick for your console. Good luck getting it sorted quick. Hope they send you a new one out.

#10 LiketHc

LiketHc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE(Chancer @ Nov 20 2007, 06:14 PM) View Post

Just downloading the firmware now. So it is wait and see at the moment. Turn around should be quick for your console. Good luck getting it sorted quick. Hope they send you a new one out.

Thanks I hope so, too. They told me on the phone that this will be a new one. People say the service here in Germany should be good regarding turnaround times, too. Hope I can play again next weekend smile.gif
It was my second PS3 already. The first one made a humming noise at the video output. second one got a defective drive unit now... hmm let's see what's up next - hopefully ten years (official sony announced lifetime!??) of happieness wink.gif

Please tell me whether the 2.01 fixed your box or not.

Regards, Tom

Edited by LiketHc, 20 November 2007 - 08:45 PM.

#11 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Members
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE(LiketHc @ Nov 20 2007, 08:19 PM) View Post

Thanks I hope so, too. They told me on the phone that this will be a new one. People say the service here in Germany should be good regarding turnaround times, too. Hope I can play again next weekend smile.gif
It was my second PS3 already. The first one made a humming noise at the video output. second one got a defective drive unit now... hmm let's see what's up next - hopefully ten years (official sony announced lifetime!??) of happieness wink.gif

Please tell me whether the 2.01 fixed your box or not.

Regards, Tom

Yes my friend it has .
It seems I am one of the lucky ones.

#12 Malibuman

Malibuman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:07 AM

I was wandering if anyone has had this problem. Just got the 80 gig PS3 at Kmart last week for $399.99.(got 20 % off). When I first set it up, I had to update it, and it was the 2.01 update. Did all my settings, played a few games, etc. Then Sunday, I bought Guitar Hero 3 and a buddy of mine came over and we jammed with the game for several hours. Monday came and I downloaded some demo's, played them for awhile. Then Wednesday, another friend of mine came over to see it in action. I turned it on and it had lost all settings, video, audio, etc. It had even lost the update, and I had to update to 2.01 all over again. Just wandering if anyone has had this glitch. Oh, and no, I did'nt hit the system restore.

#13 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Members
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE(Malibuman @ Nov 23 2007, 04:43 AM) View Post

I was wandering if anyone has had this problem. Just got the 80 gig PS3 at Kmart last week for $399.99.(got 20 % off). When I first set it up, I had to update it, and it was the 2.01 update. Did all my settings, played a few games, etc. Then Sunday, I bought Guitar Hero 3 and a buddy of mine came over and we jammed with the game for several hours. Monday came and I downloaded some demo's, played them for awhile. Then Wednesday, another friend of mine came over to see it in action. I turned it on and it had lost all settings, video, audio, etc. It had even lost the update, and I had to update to 2.01 all over again. Just wandering if anyone has had this glitch. Oh, and no, I did'nt hit the system restore.

That is pretty much what mine was doing after the V2.00 update. It has not done it since i updated to V2.01 though.

#14 Malibuman

Malibuman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 04:06 AM

QUOTE(Chancer @ Nov 23 2007, 11:23 AM) View Post

That is pretty much what mine was doing after the V2.00 update. It has not done it since i updated to V2.01 though.

Well, I could see losing my settings, but losing the update kinda through me for a loop. I would have thought that the update would have been wrote to a rom or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users