• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 martymcfries

martymcfries

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:29 PM

Flashed my Samsung MS25 firmware to 4.2 12 months ago using Extreme Bootmaker 0.3.6 with an USB pen.

Now I want to upgrade the firmware to ixtreme 1.3

Is it possible to use the USB pen with Etreme Bootmaker 0.3.6 or do I need to make a new USB pen with EBM 5.2 or i13?

Still have the ORIN.BIN file

Downloaded the ixtreme 1.3 firmware and made the new ix13.bin file, just need to know if its possible just place it on the EBM 0.3.6 USB and flash away.

Appreciates any help smile.gif

#2 myfranco

myfranco

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:43 PM

You just copy your new hacked.bin into the pen and flash it.You don't need to restore samsungs to reflash.However,your drive is firmware guarded so you need to use either enable0800.iso disk or via 6421 sata card.
If you have via 6421 sata card,do the following:
1- mtkflash w /m ix13.bin hit enter
2-you have the menu to select xtreme primary master.Do not hit enter just turn 360 OFF
3- Hit the extreme primary master.
4- Wait for 10 sec and turn 360 ON.
Be sure that all the options in XBM were clicked(such as bad flash recovery which is needed for 10 sec trick for via 6421 sata card)
Hope it helps.

#3 martymcfries

martymcfries

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:20 PM

Ok thanks, going to burn the 0800 iso with a DL disk, hopefully that ought to do it.

What I wanted to know is do I actually have to redo the USB pen with the latest Etreme Bootmake 0.5.2 or possible just used the old one EBM 0.3.6 with Extreme 4.2 firmware, copy the new ix13.bin firmware straight onto the USB pen (XBM 0.3.6) using the command

mtkflash w /m ix13.bin

Do I need to rename the ix13.bin filename to HACKED.BIN first?

Thanks again for the help smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users