• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 spaceghost34

spaceghost34

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 05:06 PM

I have 2 xbox360 one was flashed but have the rrod error so i told the drive out put it in the new xbox 360 same drive and everything but I put in original or backup it say to play this disc put in 360 console and has dvd control menu on screen not try to play dvd i wanna play a game

#2 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE(spaceghost34 @ Nov 18 2007, 04:42 PM) View Post

I have 2 xbox360 one was flashed but have the rrod error so i told the drive out put it in the new xbox 360 same drive and everything but I put in original or backup it say to play this disc put in 360 console and has dvd control menu on screen not try to play dvd i wanna play a game

You cannot just move one drive from one 360 to another. Each drive has a 4 byte key which is checked for compliancy.

To use your flashed drive on the new 360, you will need the key from the existing DVD-ROM drive that's there. If they are exactly the same drive, then you should be ok to just read the firmware from the existing DVD-ROM drive and using that to make a hacked firmware via whatever method you use. Flash that to your old drive and you'll be good to go.

What are you going to do with the existing DVD drive, seeing as you are replacing it with your old one?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users