• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 EvilGenius102

EvilGenius102

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:31 PM

So I just tried to do my first benq drive and all seemed to go well.

I made two backups of the original firmware then I used firmtool and the benq 5x xtreme f/w.

After I booted into windows and saved both files in a couple different locations then booted back into dos.

I used dosflash to do the read then tried ''dosflash e dc00 1 a0 1 4 D8 0'' and it said ''erasing...'' then after about 20 seconds it says ''erasing... wrong flash sector'' does this every time

So i tried ''dosflash w dc00 1 a0 1 4 A:\benq-ixc.bin 0'' it goes through all the motions saying OK! at the end of each bank then when it does complete it says it had 140xxx write errors!

After playing around with trying to get the hacked bin I gave up and tried to put the original bin back on.

It does the same thing as the hacked bin except when its done it says it only had 130xxx write errors.

Right now the drive gives me a E65 error when i plug it in.

So my problem is I cannot erase or write the drive. Also I had to do the 2 second on/off power trick when i first read/erased the drive now it will just go straight to flashing or erasing without having to do the power trick

Im really hoping I can get this going as its not even my unit! Any help is much appreciated

#2 noztradamus

noztradamus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:25 PM

I had more or less the same exciting experiance with a friends box today. Finaly got it to work. See my post how i did.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=627692

Key is to start the box once your in dos without the sata cable pluged into it. When asked to proceed press Y but plug in the sata before you hit enter. Hope it works for you

/Noz

#3 EvilGenius102

EvilGenius102

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:22 PM

Well I read the above and got really excited but it still was a no go.

Im using the teamxecuter connectivity kit.
So I turn on the pc
flip on the power to the benq then run ''dosflash w dc00 1 a0 1 4 a:\benq-ixc.bin'' then hit enter
then i press y and enter
then the status comes up as 0x7F then I plug in the sata and it goes to 0x73 and starts writing. But then when its done it says 140xxx write errors

anything sound wrong?

#4 Toddler

Toddler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE(EvilGenius102 @ Nov 19 2007, 03:58 PM) View Post
Im using the teamxecuter connectivity kit.

anything sound wrong?

#5 EvilGenius102

EvilGenius102

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:28 AM

So i didnt know what to think of the above post so i tried using my 360 for power.. still the same issue.

When I go to erase it comes up status 0x73 as soon as the sata cable gets plugged in.

So heres what I did:
Booted into dos and turned on the 360 without the sata plugged in
then type command dosflash e dc00 1 a0 1 4 d8 0 then enter
then i turned the 360 0ff then turned it on and hit yes and enter then plugged the cable in

tried the same thing with the write command but it still came up with 140xxx errors

#6 Toddler

Toddler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:36 AM

Not that it's the magic bullet, but you're not even following what noztradamus said to do. There's no reason to power on the 360 then power it off then power it on again, all with the SATA disconnected.

#7 Relikk356

Relikk356

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:39 AM

Although i don't think this is the problem as you got the orginal firmware; What version of Dosflash are you using?

#8 EvilGenius102

EvilGenius102

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:22 AM

Well as i posted in the other thread I wasnt quite sure on what to do.. care to shed some light?

also im using dosflash16 v1.4beta

and i did try the turn the xbox on without sata and boot dos then ran the erase command then hit yes plugged in the sata then hit enter came up status 0x73 then says wrong flash status

tried to write with the same method but it came up with 140xxx errors written

#9 critter_20

critter_20

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 November 2007 - 04:48 AM

I had the same problem; tried so many different things for so many hours; then i decided to revert to the older dosflash and it worked right away. Hopefully it's the same case for you and everyone else having this problem, because it seems to be a problem only as of late. So try going to the older dosflash and good luck!

#10 noztradamus

noztradamus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:42 AM

sorry to hear it isnt working for you Evil. I dont think this is a method that will work for all, but it did for me, and since we more or less had the same problems i thought it would be worth a try for you. I used dosflash1.3b..and remember to plug in the sata cable before you press enter when you have

"So heres what I did:
then i turned the 360 0ff then turned it on and hit yes and enter then plugged the cable in"

try replacing the 0 with a 1 at the end of the erase command (from what i read it works better when using the via chipset). From what i understand from your post above your not doing it right. After you typed the command for dosflash and presssed enter, then plug in the sata cable (360 should still be on at this point). When the sata is plugged in then press Y and enter. After this wait for the ring of light to start flashing on your xbox, when it does turn it off and on again and it should start ereasing/writing.

#11 xyexz

xyexz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, Xbox linux, Xbox CE, Xenium Chips and all things soldering...
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 November 2007 - 08:11 AM

Hi there, just flashed a BenQ for the first time yesterday for a friend.
I used a PC that has the nForce4 chipset and I read that only with the VIA chipset boards would you have to erase the original firmware on the drive before writing the new hacked firmware.
Well this wasn't the case for me because first I tried to write the new hacked firmware on and it said I had 140,620 write errors. I became a little sick to my stomach but one thing that i've learned from flashing other drives is to not freak out about an error and certainly don't turn the drive off because it will be a brick.
So with that being said I tried the erase command and it fully erased it and then I wrote the new hacked firmware on without a hitch.
Also with my experience I only had to turn the xbox on after typing yes at the prompt you explained and I didn't have to turn it on or off etc ever again for the rest of the process, even when erasing.
My thoughts are that if you've turned the drive off after receiving the write errors most likely it's a brick.
At least you have the original bin file.

#12 EvilGenius102

EvilGenius102

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE(noztradamus @ Nov 20 2007, 08:18 AM) View Post

sorry to hear it isnt working for you Evil. I dont think this is a method that will work for all, but it did for me, and since we more or less had the same problems i thought it would be worth a try for you. I used dosflash1.3b..and remember to plug in the sata cable before you press enter when you have

"So heres what I did:
then i turned the 360 0ff then turned it on and hit yes and enter then plugged the cable in"

Baaaammmm Thanks bro used these steps plus used dosflash 1.3b and worked like a charm!

Good thing cause I really had to twist my buddies arm to let me try on his halo3xbox and he wasnt to impressed when I told him his unit was in a comma!!

Anyways this site and you guys where a big help as always!

Tomorrow.. dealing with a drive not detected ms28! Never been here either so we will have to see if we can work through this tomorrow!

Thanks again

#13 noztradamus

noztradamus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:23 AM

happy it worked out for ya bro. And yes this forum and the people here are da best! Ive had tons of help readiing and asking on this forum. Glad i could give something back.

"Tomorrow.. dealing with a drive not detected ms28! Never been here either so we will have to see if we can work through this tomorrow!"[i]

Hmm another friend who got convinsed into lending you his box?? biggrin.gif

#14 cypher21

cypher21

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:32 AM

It's always nice to see help solves problems

But i did want to point this out to you:

the readme:

If you have a VIA card, and need to run dosflash with manual commands, and you MUST erase before running the flash command (or it will likely hang on the write process) here is how you find your VIA cards port #:

So instead of scaring yourself with the write errors, it could have been prevented wink.gif

#15 noztradamus

noztradamus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:01 PM

just as EvilGenius102 i did try the erase command first. It gave me an error message so i tried it again and again...always with the same result. Since i had my friend hanging over my shoulder and he pointed out that he REALY wanted it flashed i went ahead and tried the write command anyway. 14000 errors later he was crying smile.gif

Yes you must do the erase command first and if you get an error you shouldnt procced until you get it right without any errors. Trying to write the new firmware before having a succesful erase will mess up your box! We are living proof of that biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users