X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:27 PM

Hey folks,

I'm looking for some help regarding the Datel PSP Tool/Pandoras Battery knockoff.
I recieved this item this morning, and have been reading up about it, as a possibility for downgrading/cfwing my PSP.
I've been looking into how to actually format the PSP memorystick to change the fw. I have installed pandoras gui, but it doesnt seem to work, and I've tried following guides for the pandoras battery but I keep getting confused as to where I need to follow and what I need to ignora, as I already have the battery.

Can anyone give me any pointers on where to go? My PSP has sony fw version 3.40. I don't have a homebrew enabled PSP, but have been told by a lot of people that this isnt a requirement.

Please help save me from insanity.

Thanks
Stefan Leroux

#2 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:21 AM

You can check out my tutorial on Pandora's battery here:
Downgrade Fat PSP With Pandora's Battery

But since you already have to datel tool you can just go through my guide and do everything except the section called "Jig-kicking the battery"

Edit: Sorry, i didnt see that you said you dont have a homebrew enabled psp. I dont know of anyway of doing it besides using a homebrew enabled psp. Do you know anybody with one to use?

Edited by commandersafi, 20 November 2007 - 01:23 AM.

#3 Stefan Leroux

Stefan Leroux

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 03:58 AM

Unfortunately I don't know anybody else who has a PSP, let alone homebrew enabled.
I'm checking the usual places to see if I can find a pre-made memstick image, and then I'll try using your guide, because it sounds a lot more fluid than many I've seen.
I'm kinda pissed at the whole lack of help Datel have been on the subject. I had hoped this would be something I could finally use properly (I still have a Duo2 for PS2, and Viper Pro for GC sitting around I've never gotten installed or used).

Point of note - don't ever let friends near your PSP when they are unsure of it. Mines was fine until a friend tested it, and being a useless pedantic sod, checked for new firmwares from it - Bye bye Super mario war, hello v3.4 (on both PSPs grr.gif )

Anyways, I'll give this a try, and hopefully have some luck.

*crosses fingers*

#4 Stefan Leroux

Stefan Leroux

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 08:25 PM

OK, I got the fw changed. I managed to get it done without needing a homebrew PSP. Been down to v1.5, and back up to 3.51-M33. Now just to refresh myself on homebrew and backups (Although to my knowledge only up to 8g is supported, so I don't know how useful backups will be without multiple memcards)

Cheers anyways commandersafi biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users