Spyw

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:31 AM

I had many months of good hard use with my 360. It was a good run. Everything seemed to culminate in a midnight to 4pm 16-hour nonstop run which, for some reason, coincided with the purchase of my Legendary Edition Halo 3. Since then, it's spent most of its time in my car being ferried to parties more than sitting idly at home.

Today I brought it in for some quality alone time. I played with it and pushed its buttons for probably a half hour before it happened. The screen filled with the digitized static and made the sound of death.

Several attempts to revive the 360 proved futile. I was admittedly very worried. It wasn't experiencing a "general hardware failure" that is covered under the three year warranty. Many things ran through my head. Maybe I could fix it. I've fixed 360's many times before, but never when my own was at stake. Maybe my place of work would exchange it. Since I bought it there, they should replace it, but since I'm not really technically working there anymore, they probably wouldn't.

I tried the power one more time, and I was relieved to finally see a 0102 run-of-the-mill dead 360. I call MS all lickity-split like and in no time at all, my 360 is having a coffin hand-delivered in 3-5 days...by UPS.

w00t me I'm getting my 360 fixed.

#2 berzerk87

berzerk87

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:30 AM

at least it croaked now instead of closer to Christmas.

its going to suck for people that have to wait till after Christmas to play there new games unsure.gif

#3 Black Diamond

Black Diamond

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 November 2007 - 08:07 PM

Hey,

Got an automated call from UPS yesterday with our return tracking number. Checked its status and it is out for delivery today.

Will probably have to go pick it up after work cuz they wont leave it on our porch.

No big deal, we are just happy to be getting it back.

biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users