4 replies to this topic

#1 axiumxp

axiumxp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 21 November 2007 - 07:30 AM

Hey guys, I've been working on this for a while now and I'm running out of ideas.

Dosflash won't pick up my VIA VT8237 sata channel on a A8V deluxe, even after manually specifying the address (there are 6 of them which i've tried seperately vs the 1 the guides usually mention), I've also disabled the SATA bootrom option in bios which i've heard helps.

I've seen lots of VT8237 success stories and can't find many other suggestions around so is my best bet trying a buddy's system? haven't tried in windows as it would involve uninstalling my sata (boot) channel drivers apparently to get the 32 bit version to work.

Any help would be awesome, cheers!

#2 thhfly

thhfly

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 12:28 PM

I have exactly the problem as yours on my nfoce4 MB, no idea, just gonna try the new dosflash1.4 and maybe you should also give a try of it.

Edited by thhfly, 21 November 2007 - 12:32 PM.

#3 User75

User75

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 03:56 PM

I used via8237a yesterday with a benq drive guys and it worked absolutely gr8 wink.gif Read , erase and write procedures were successfully ! What can I do to help you guys ? I used DC00 as address !!!

#4 axiumxp

axiumxp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 07:52 PM

hey, thanks for the response.. just grabbed the new 1.4 and it seems to be working a lot better, tried D000 again and it worked for reading, I'm just going to erase and flash now wish me luck!

#5 axiumxp

axiumxp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 08:49 PM

i initally was getting write and erase errors but traced it back to dosflash 1.4, this might be useful for others who encounter this problem. for some reason 1.3 wouldn't work, then 1.4 would read it but couldn't erase/write correctly, so i redownloaded 1.3 and it worked fine erasing and writing where before it would hang. super weird..
oh well this makes up for the unflashable samsung revision i found in my brothers the other day, cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users