1 reply to this topic

#1 wmadoss

wmadoss

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:37 AM

Ok havent had a single problem with my 360 for about a year.
Yesterday I was playing a game and downloading MX vs ATV demo and when it completed my game hang.
What I get is similar to the picture below except I have only vertical white graphical glitches(while the game is in the background).
I dont receive an error message or anything.
I tried playing other games demos but same error after a few minutes.
I rebooted a couple of times and the last time it hang with the same graphical glitch at booting screen with a lot of crackling noise in my speakers.
I also tried maintenance on my harddrive but no help.
So I unplugged the powerchord overnight and tried just now and it lasted about 5 minutes until the error occurred.

So have anyone else here had this problem and been able to solve it without sending it in?
IPB Image

Edited by wmadoss, 21 November 2007 - 10:40 AM.

#2 lukero1977

lukero1977

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE(wmadoss @ Nov 21 2007, 10:13 AM) View Post

Ok havent had a single problem with my 360 for about a year.
Yesterday I was playing a game and downloading MX vs ATV demo and when it completed my game hang.
What I get is similar to the picture below except I have only vertical white graphical glitches(while the game is in the background).
I dont receive an error message or anything.
I tried playing other games demos but same error after a few minutes.
I rebooted a couple of times and the last time it hang with the same graphical glitch at booting screen with a lot of crackling noise in my speakers.
I also tried maintenance on my harddrive but no help.
So I unplugged the powerchord overnight and tried just now and it lasted about 5 minutes until the error occurred.

So have anyone else here had this problem and been able to solve it without sending it in?
IPB Image

This is a problem similar to the rrod. It comes from the video chip (ana) i believe not connecting properly with the motherboard. It will only get worse before failing completely, it's also not coverd by the three year warranty m$ are giving to the rrod fault. You can fix it temporarily with the towel trick. But it will need to go to m$ for repairat some point.

hope this helps

Edited by lukero1977, 21 November 2007 - 01:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users