#1 mtsmylie

mtsmylie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 November 2007 - 05:01 PM

So I just received a refurbished 360 that I bought, and had flashed by someone else, but I cannot for the life of me get either of my wireless controllers to connect to it.

I power on either of the controller, then the system, then hold down the sync buttons on both the system and the controller until both of their green lights start spinning. But they keep spinning, then eventually stop, and just start flashing.

I went out and bought a Play & Charge kit, as I'd heard that can help them sync, but it didn't help at all. I then tried a wired controller, and it works fine, but I really want to use my wireless controller.

Any help? Does this mean something's gone bad on the 360?

#2 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 November 2007 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE(mtsmylie @ Nov 21 2007, 04:37 PM) View Post

So I just received a refurbished 360 that I bought, and had flashed by someone else, but I cannot for the life of me get either of my wireless controllers to connect to it.

I power on either of the controller, then the system, then hold down the sync buttons on both the system and the controller until both of their green lights start spinning. But they keep spinning, then eventually stop, and just start flashing.

I went out and bought a Play & Charge kit, as I'd heard that can help them sync, but it didn't help at all. I then tried a wired controller, and it works fine, but I really want to use my wireless controller.

Any help? Does this mean something's gone bad on the 360?

It's possible the wireless comms chip isn't responding (on the ring of light board). Make sure it's plugged in correctly and/or there are no obtrusions stopping it from being connected properly.

You don't need to hold down the sync buttons - pressing the one on the 360 and pressing the one on your controller should be enough.

#3 milamber

milamber

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 November 2007 - 02:34 AM

From the wireless controller user manual:

Connect Your Controller
1 Press the Xbox Guide button to turn on the controller.
2 Press the power button to turn on the console.
3 Press the connect button on the console.
4 Press the connect button on the controller.
5 After the Ring of Light on the controller and console spin and flash once, the controller is connected. The quadrant that remains lighted indicates the controller’s position.

TROUBLESHOOTING
If you encounter problems, try the possible solutions provided below.
Lights Spin Longer than 15 Seconds When Connecting
• Move the controller closer to the console.
• Make sure the batteries are in good shape.
• Keep the console and controller at least three feet away from large metal objects, such as file cabinets, mirrors, and refrigerators.
• Make sure the front of the console is positioned in the direction of the controller.
Cordless phones (2.4 GHz), wireless LANs, wireless video transmitters, microwave ovens, some mobile/cell phones, and Bluetooth headsets can interfere with the operation of the controller. Turn these off or unplug them and retry connecting.
• If nothing else works, turn off your console, remove and reinsert the AA battery pack into the controller, and repeat the steps given in “Connect Your Controller.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users